Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How the hell do I get confirmation of my (seat) reservations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Gold; BAEC-Newbie Silver

OK, long story short, I booked tickets on IB return flights from MAD to GIG in J for next month (Nov), but via BA (UK) telephone call center last month.I chose the seat numbers and they confirmed the seat selection at the time on the phone.

However, if I try and login to the BA MMB, it says, I can pay to reserve the seats. And if you click on it, it takes you to the IB page with the correct (at the time of booking) seat allocations. And the only choice in that page is to go back to BA MMB, the "payment/ selection" part is greyed out.

Anyways, I tried calling both BA and IB call centers, no body can seem to confirm the seats on the phone apart from telling to call the other customer center. IB did say, the seats I booked were blocked, but couldn't confirm if they were actually by my booking.

Might try again tomorrow with BA, but was wondering if you kind folk had any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 12:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If your flights are IB metal then you need to sort this with IB not BA.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Try going into Iberia's version of MMB with the BA PNR, see what that shows you? If that doesn't work, ask BA for the IB PNR reference.

If you're on BA codeshares operated by IB however, give up now...
Old Oct 24, 2015, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Gold; BAEC-Newbie Silver
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Try going into Iberia's version of MMB with the BA PNR, see what that shows you? If that doesn't work, ask BA for the IB PNR reference.

If you're on BA codeshares operated by IB however, give up now...
I did. I can login to the Iberia MMB, it however doesn't show the seat numbers. There is a link for "early seat booking," even though because these are J, on Iberia I can (and hopefully did) book them at the time of making the purchase. But if you click the link, the following link pops up:
Due to the characteristics of this flight, to carry out the request you must contact the following telephone number:
02 036 843 774 (spanish & english) 00:00 - 24:00 Lt. Monday to Sunday
02 036 843 774 (spanish & english) 00:00 - 24:00 Lt. Monday to Sunday
And I called the number but they claim they have no visibility! Arrgh!

Might try calling them again to see what happens.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 3:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I suspect you are over-thinking this, but seating on IB makes BA's system look totally joined up and robust.

Try Qatar first, then Saudia and finally, and at your own risk, RJ. However if you have been told they are in place then I'd be loathed to do anything more than look at the booking (in which case RJ is ok).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.