Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How long for US/AA tp's and Avios to credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starbucks Gold

Just wondered how long TP's and Avios take normally to credit into a BAEC account when flying with US/AA? Flew Dub-Phl-Sfo in J/F last Wed (7th Oct) and the tps and avios still havent arrived (13th Oct). I tweeted BA and they told me it can take 28 days..I flew the same route in April and it took 2/3 days for my account to update. My collection yr ends 8th of Nov. This trip will generate around 1160 tps..

Dub-Phl-Sfo-Lax-Koa-Phx-Phl-Dub

But if it takes past Nov 8th to credit..can I still make gold?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by jock
Just wondered how long TP's and Avios take normally to credit into a BAEC account when flying with US/AA? Flew Dub-Phl-Sfo in J/F last Wed (7th Oct) and the tps and avios still havent arrived (13th Oct). I tweeted BA and they told me it can take 28 days..I flew the same route in April and it took 2/3 days for my account to update. My collection yr ends 8th of Nov. This trip will generate around 1160 tps..

Dub-Phl-Sfo-Lax-Koa-Phx-Phl-Dub

But if it takes past Nov 8th to credit..can I still make gold?
Yes, provided you have sufficient TPs. It doesn't matter when they post -- it matters when the flights were flown.

Regarding AA/US flights posting, see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...account-4.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...aa+post+credit
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
No harm in submitting an online claim. You'll need the ticket number as well as flight numbers and dates.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I usually find that they would post within 2 - 3 days. If your flight's on a weekend then it may take an extra day.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
2-3 days is normal, so really almost as quick as with BA. The online form makes you wait a week before you can file a claim for missing points. In all cases for me it's been easy to get things resolved, and as others have noted, credit will retroactively apply for the dates flown.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dylanks
2-3 days is normal, so really almost as quick as with BA. The online form makes you wait a week before you can file a claim for missing points. In all cases for me it's been easy to get things resolved, and as others have noted, credit will retroactively apply for the dates flown.
+1
About 2-3 days for me too.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:44 am

Mine were posted the day after I took the flights with US Airways.
Though, they did credit the Post28/4 points.
Contacted them from Twitter and got it all fixed for Pre28/4.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
They're pretty quick. I took a BA and an AA flight on the same day recently, and the AA flight tracked in BAEC before the BA one...
Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
1-3 days and most of the time I've submitted a claim after 7 days it has rejected because the credit is already being processed and about to show.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 6:30 am

AA TP/Avios credit

I flew with AA on Saturday, arrived at LHR on Sunday and the TPs/Avios credited on Monday.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Sent off two claims on BA's site for the two flights..dub-phl and phl-sfo. Still no show in my account. Baec numbers in both our bookings..so only thing i can think of is that US and AA systems are busy because on the 17th of Oct..US will cease to exist..and it will become one airline..I dunno.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:28 am
mil

Programs: BAEC Silver
Had 3/4 US/AA sectors post. Submitted claim and says approved, anyone know how long it will actually take to post?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
6 weeks, 5 phone calls and 3 emails in my most recent case...

But normally much quicker, thankfully.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Ok so last night i checked my BA app and Ive been credited avios and tps for the 3rd flight (sfo-lax) which i took on Tue afternoon..but still havent credited for the first two flights. Its one booking..and all my details are correct. I sent off the claim with ba..but it seems really odd.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Contacted BA on twitter and looks like they're looking into it..I'll let u know if it works out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.