Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Pass

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by leachster
I booked the 500euro ticket yesterday and just now got the confirmation that it was booked...I kept checking the BA site and the flight after had sold out so was getting really worried that my selected flight would be full before they confirmed it - but everything has finally worked.
Did you book the original 500 EUR ticket or have you used optiontown on what would be a 500 EUR ticket?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC
sorry, I realise my post didn't quite come out as obvious as I intended.

Yes, I booked, what would have been a 500euro return on BA via optiontown (had to wait over 24 hours for the confirmation) but since then the confirmations have been almost immediate. The latest flight I booked via optiontown was a whopping 965euros on BA - and I only paid 250 (as agreed on the optiontown flightpass).

This has the potential to revolutionise my flying patterns!
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Sounds awesome!
Old Apr 21, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Yes it's definitely very good for booking last-minute at popular times, like Fridays and holidays.
So it's best for reducing ridiculously expensive fares down to acceptable fares, not so much for producing super-cheap fares for buying in bulk (like a carnet) - it's still generally cheapest to just book well in advance
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Hyatt Privé, Impresario, Four Seasons, Marriott Stars, Kempinski, Accor STEP, SLH, IHG,etc
I've just booked flights 9 & 10 of my 16-flight BA Flight Pass and noticed that it has booked into L class. I have the Freedom Option and all previous 8 flights had booked into a B class. Has anyone else had this issue? I've emailed them to check why this has happened and asking them to fix but no response yet.

Getting nervous as I'm approaching the end of my EC membership year and need these flights to earn me 20 tier points each (as previously) to get me to Silver!

Thanks,
Steve
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite, Avis President's Club
Yup, had the same today on my LBA-LHR flight - only 20 TPs rather than 40 (return!)

Would be keen for you to share your response (if you get one!!)

Last edited by jonnywishbone; Jul 25, 2016 at 5:21 am Reason: Clarification!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:42 am

Same here for my NCE-LHR flight next week, thanks for pointing it out.

I have emailed a query as to what is going on; and will ring on Thursday (when I have a spare hour); will post any updates.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Hyatt Privé, Impresario, Four Seasons, Marriott Stars, Kempinski, Accor STEP, SLH, IHG,etc
Well, I haven't had a response to my email but just spent 35 mins on the phone to the Optiontown call centre. Not very useful, unfortunately. I was told to contact BA to confirm if an L class ticket will give me the same flexibility as a B class ticket. A BS answer really that completely misses the point. They agreed that the ticket should have been booked in B class and future bookings "should" book into B class but they can't change my current reservation (I'm flying in 12 hours) nor cancel it and rebook it.

Mental note to book the next set of flights at least a week in advance to give Optiontown enough time to fix things.

Ugh!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite, Avis President's Club
Cheers for the effort Steve!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Iberia Oro, Finnair Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I just booked a flight with a flight pass and everything seems to be back to normal as it booked into B and MBB shows 20 TP per segment.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by rbhout
I just booked a flight with a flight pass and everything seems to be back to normal as it booked into B and MBB shows 20 TP per segment.
That's great. Let's hope the issue doesn't occur again.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:02 am

Just been told by a friend of mine that he has just booked 4 flights and they all booked into 'L' class. This was 5 minutes ago and he is fuming!

Does anyone know if you can completely cancel flight bookings and then rebook?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by leachster
Just been told by a friend of mine that he has just booked 4 flights and they all booked into 'L' class. This was 5 minutes ago and he is fuming!

Does anyone know if you can completely cancel flight bookings and then rebook?
Hi leachster, I feel his pain. I don't know the answer to your question, but please let us know if you find out?

Thanks
Old Jul 29, 2016, 4:39 pm

Spent 20 minutes on the phone on Thursday: the answer was "we will sort this out, please wait 24 hours for an email".

No email, so waited 30 hours to make sure, and rang again.

The second guy said there was no record of the incident at all. Then told me that it would be sorted out in a few hours. "It is not a problem at all" he said, "by the morning it will be back to B class".

I think it's a problem when you pay for something and get less than you paid for.

But my more pressing concern is that the whole thing is collapsing - personally that would be a disaster for my pocket!
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:23 am

Got an email this morning assuring me everything was well with the world.

Back in 'B' class with the extra tier points and the extra miles. Don't bother emailing, just ring, and then ring again.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.