Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long can you spend in the lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2015, 12:51 am
Original Poster

I apologise if this has been asked before but I can't find an answer to this.

We will be travelling from NZ to UK via Sydney and Singapore in a few months time. We plan to overnight in Singapore before continuing on BA16 the following day. My question is at what time will we be able to access the lounge in Changi please? We'll be travelling in First and BA16 isn't until after 11pm in the evening.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 12:58 am

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
The lounge opens at 3pm in SIN, so you can stay as long as you wish once it opens
Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:00 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
I haven't been to SIN since the new BA lounge opened, but I think it opens about 15:00 each day.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:06 am

I'd suggest spending the day in Singapore rather than in the lounge. It's a fabulous place...
Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:11 am
Original Poster

We plan to spend the day swimming and walking prior to getting on the late night flight. We thought we'd turn up at the airport around 6.30 to have a leisurely dinner in the lounge but I wasn't sure whether we could check in to this if th desks weren't open.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Principalwoodhead
We plan to spend the day swimming and walking prior to getting on the late night flight. We thought we'd turn up at the airport around 6.30 to have a leisurely dinner in the lounge but I wasn't sure whether we could check in to this if th desks weren't open.
Welcome to Flyertalk Principalwoodhead, and welcome to the British Airways board. We're always pleased to see more people join us here and help contribute to this valuable resource.

If you are leaving SYD on a BA or Qantas booking then you should be able to check your bags all the way through and probably get your boarding passes through to London. If not then the BA App or getting to a hotel printer should allow you to get the online version. Either way, if you have a boarding pass then it doesn't matter if the check in desks are not open, you will be able to go through passports into airside to the new lounge.

The lounge is specifically for connecting passengers so long stays there are quite OK. I must admit, nice though the lounge is, I would have thought 2 hours would be plenty.

More information on the refitted lounge can be found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...r-concept.html
Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:29 am
Original Poster

My confusion arises, really, because we're stopping over for a night. We've always flown straight through with only the two hour break in SIN. I'm assuming we need to collect our luggage at SIN and then re-check in the following evening, but I may be wrong, so any information would be welcome.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:43 am

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Yes you will need to collect luggage then check in the next day.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Principalwoodhead
My confusion arises, really, because we're stopping over for a night. We've always flown straight through with only the two hour break in SIN. I'm assuming we need to collect our luggage at SIN and then re-check in the following evening, but I may be wrong, so any information would be welcome.
In that case, if your time in Singapore on the advertised timetable is under 24 hours then you can still through check bags if you wish. Alternatively (and on this route certainly, but not all routes) you can ask for the bags at SIN. This even applies on separate tickets, but not reliably so in terms of some oneworld airlines. BA and Qantas are OK for this though.

If your time in SIN is over 24 hours then you won't have that choice, you have to retrieve your bags. Ditto if you are using another non oneworld airline.

BA's check-in desk in row 8 opens 3 hours before departure. However as you can see from here, BA also offer a 12 hour early check in facility too:

http://www.changiairport.com/en/pass...anchor=checkin

http://www.changiairport.com/en/flight/airlines.html

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Sep 27, 2015 at 1:52 am
Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Do make sure you use the SATS premium check in facility that I think is at row 5, rather than the regular BA scrum at row 8 on departure.

However I would second suggestions of not getting to the airport too early. Far more fun to be had in the city and you're only a 20 minute taxi ride from the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.