Wiki Posts
Search

Caribbean July-August

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Virgin, Hertz Gold
Caribbean July-August

Hi, when would be th3e best time to book flights for this low season period? Are they normally in BA sales? Thanks.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 7:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you can go via Germany, there is sale on now until 24 September. Typically there will be some less attractive UK sales every 2 months or so and the Caribbean always seems to feature.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post25461506
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Many thanks, when should I look for the next UK sale to cover this area?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Blue
Is August classified as low season considering it's the UK school summer holidays?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Pyrite
Sort of. The weather in the Caribbean gets more changeable from July onwards with a greater chance of rain and the risk of seasonal hurricanes in the (northern hemisphere) autumn. As such it is low season for most hotels and resorts.
BA pricing & redemption rates...now that's a different story...
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Summer is actually a busy season for UK - Caribbean travel. Despite it not being the best time of year to go. I'd say JAN/NOV are more "off peak"
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone
Old Sep 23, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC
Hurricane season is June to October so it depends where you are going, they mostly strike East Caribbean so if you are heading to some place West like grand Cayman then you will be fine, you will probably have some spectacular rain and lightning for an hour or two that is a nice break from the almost 100% humidity in July/August �� for Europeans it's a chance too cool off while everyone else runs for cover. For some reason these months are high season in terms of flights because most are school holiday times. In general I find the best prices compared to any sale are at Christmas and the first week or two in January.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Grand cayman used to statistically be one of, if not the, most impacted place by hurricanes. Note all it took was a dock to lose a board and that counted.....been quiet the last few years but grand cayman was flattened by ivan in sept 04 and paloma did the same to the brac in november 08 i think it was. Cape verde storms tend to be earlier and often dont pack much of a punch before reaching the carib (ivan wandered into the carib and whacked cayman after strengthening to 145mph gusting over 200mph i believe), but those far east islands can be devastated by rainfall from a 60mph Storm due to flooding causing landslides. Cayman is flat and most ivan damage was storm surge - the island supposedly disappeared from radar. Paloma was a late season storm that formed in the deep south caribbean sea and headed north.... It has been quiet since in cayman, but never assume cayman is safe from hurricanes. I lived there for nine years until recently though so to be honest i was fine about it all. Cat 1-3.....meh due to decent infrastructure, get hammered; cat 4+ get out if you can, then get hammered. Wine gums were also highly sought. As other have said it can be quirky when it is quiet tourist wise. The humidity in a typical year tends to disappear overnight around nov 15th and creeps back from april/may, it is a sweaty experience from may through to November. Midsept is peak 'cane season so july is worth taking a punt. I fly to gcm a few times a year. Ex-eu works everytime, just keep checking fares and sub 1,400 in j always crops up before long. Search the usual suspects: bru, dub, ams, mad, bcm....etcetc.

Last edited by jcm9000; Sep 23, 2015 at 1:34 pm
Old Sep 25, 2015, 6:25 am
Original Poster

How about Nevis?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Was in Anguilla the first week of August this year and had fantastic weather fyi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.