Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's BA Thursday: AMS-HNL for €400

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, BA Amex PP, Virgin Gold
Base fare is £22. Lots of other U.S. cities available and you can also do this ex-PAR
Old Sep 10, 2015, 1:22 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Well if BA wants to cancel these I imagine they're going to be very busy. These tickets go everywhere and they're selling like hot cakes!
Old Sep 10, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Possibly handy if you want to position yourself for a cheap run to BAQ or PTY
Old Sep 10, 2015, 2:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
also the fare has to be booked on/before September 10, so more like flash Y sale from CDG,AMS,RTM
Old Sep 10, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Another thing to mention is that you can do these open-jaw for the same price. So if you want to visit 2 places on the trip you can, i.e. AMS-LAX/IAD-AMS.

Of course you'd need to buy another flight to fill the gap, LAX-IAD in my example (or use a reward flight for maximum benefit).
Old Sep 10, 2015, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
Are they gone? I was fiddling around looking at the options on google flights and seeing all sorts of options. Then suddenly there were none...
Old Sep 10, 2015, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Virazuno
A theory put forward by others in relation to Bratwurst/Tequila etc, is that BA had cancelled them due to the size of the cabin (F) and the amount of revenue lost.

With these fares being in Y, that won't apply.

Somehow I still find myself waiting for the inevitable "Hula fare cancellation thread".
I agree. There are only so many F seats on LON-HKG and you cannot afford to throw them away. On the other hand, Y TATL is almost a commodity.

Originally Posted by headingwest
Another thing to mention is that you can do these open-jaw for the same price. So if you want to visit 2 places on the trip you can, i.e. AMS-LAX/IAD-AMS.

Of course you'd need to buy another flight to fill the gap, LAX-IAD in my example (or use a reward flight for maximum benefit).
Aye, if combined to make a circle trip the AA domestic fare would be the most expensive component on the ticket (Not unusual actually when building itineraries with deep discount J fares either.)
Old Sep 10, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I wouldn't even do it supposing it was for free.
^ I was thinking that before reading your post - the thought of it (in Y) makes me shudder
Old Sep 10, 2015, 3:45 am

For those who are worried that BA might cancel these bookings, they've actually published the prices on their website. Absolutely no wriggling out of these tickets.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-nl...heworldisonsal

Also if you're thinking about booking a hotel it's really worth considering booking it as part of a package as there are further discounts when booked together (as stated on the webpage linked above).

And to repeat, the prices are similar from AMS and CDG.

Last edited by headingwest; Sep 10, 2015 at 4:42 am Reason: added webpage image
Old Sep 10, 2015, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by mike&co
^ I was thinking that before reading your post - the thought of it (in Y) makes me shudder
I would seriously consider doing it for full TPs/miles in Y. Not doing it when it books into O and earns a measly 20 Tps TATL.

I am tempted by one of the ex-Spain fares in O. MAD->SJU can be had for the princely sum of £275 in winter. For that sort of money I would suffer the Y (its 14 hours travel, not 25 as is the case for HNL) and enjoy SJU.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I booked one to Alaska for £320. It's not often that you can get there so cheaply. I will use it for Northern Lights trip. I will survive ... I flew Y before so I'm sure I can do this again.

For people looking for cheap flights, £300 to Alaska or Hawaii is excellent fare.

I think fare is gone now. I printed the website with published prices and promo info. If it's cancelled, that's fine, I won't cry.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 4:31 am

Yep, seems to have died. RIP
Old Sep 10, 2015, 4:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
It's a good deal and I was tempted last night. But honestly - these sort of things crop up from BA all the time. And I don't mean errors like MEX, Bratwurst etc. This is a good deal in economy to HNL, Anchorage etc etc but I've seen things like this on and off to LAX, NYC etc regularly. I don't see BA cancelling. But stranger things have happened.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Good deal for Y but awful for the distance and TPs. But this was available yesterday... Sorry.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Gaz1a
Good deal for Y but awful for the distance and TPs. But this was available yesterday... Sorry.
Yes, I think around here we sometimes forget that the vast majority of people just want to fly cheaply, and don't care about avios.

When I explained to a colleague that I did DUB->LHR->DFW->YYC and back in J for only 20% more than BA wanted for LHR->YYC in Y, his response was why did you bother and I think that is what most people would say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.