Wiki Posts
Search

Going...going...almost gone...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Going...going...almost gone...

15.40 arrive LHR. Proceed to J check in area to 'bag drop'. Told (and by told I mean lied) that my laptop bag must have a yellow tag attached. When I ask why he says "it's to let crew know it's hand luggage". I show him the wording that says some thing about the bag going under the seat in front and that I'm aware of the rules and may be he should check them. I've already upgraded myself from Club to an Exit row and decide I can't be bothered to argue. In any event, by 16.00 the tag is lost at security.

So I'm now in the lounge. Only sandwiches, crisps, soup and biscuits. I turn straight around and will buy something else where. Has it really got so bad that easyjet have now overtaken BA. The glue was once Super. It's more PVA now.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Silver - QF Lifetime Silver
Heathrow at 1215 today. Two pax, two hold bags & two small cabin bags on a trolley. One yellow tag surreptitiously added to one of the small cabin bags. When I queried it I was told, "It keeps 'em happy". By 1216 the tag was lost.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:03 am

Bit harsh of you to tarnish the Easyjet name by comparing them to ba.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:10 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Nothing will stop the mysterious disappearances of yellow tags on bags certainly we cannot be tasked to watch over something of such miniscule importance (to us)!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Lee_Again
15.40 arrive LHR. Proceed to J check in area to 'bag drop'. Told (and by told I mean lied) that my laptop bag must have a yellow tag attached.
I agree the staff should know the rules but what makes you think you were lied to?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:22 am

Of course nothing will stop anyone from loosing their tag, but "officially" the only bag GUARANTEED onboard is the one with the yellow tag. So keep on ripping them off and let's hope one day you won't be caught out by that and the bag will go in the hold.

Saying that I have seen so many large wheelie bags being tagged with yellow tags (maybe by the Customer themselves) so I really don't think it will make a difference

Hand baggage onboard has reduced considerably over the past few weeks on my flights I have to admit- so long may it continue and let's try and keep it that way to prevent and any last minute dashes trying to organise space or having to offload bags and delay the flight.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Is you laptop bag your second bag?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Is you laptop bag your second bag?
No. It's my only bag.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
I agree the staff should know the rules but what makes you think you were lied to?
Because what be said wasn't true.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Because what be said wasn't true.
That doesn't mean it was a lie.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:40 am

No. It's my only bag.
Since it is your only bag maybe the Agent just saw tit as the guaranteed bag onboard hence he/she wanted to tag it.
I gernally book the exit row as well and just let them tag my bag of they wish as I guess there are so many different aircraft variants/configuration they just don't check whether you are in an exit row or not.

So in future just forgive them, let them tag your bag and smile
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You've been down this road before I see.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23671013-post1.html
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Flier74

So in future just forgive them, let them tag your bag and smile
It's a much easier path to take. No point in stressing about it. No-one will ask to put the bag under the seat in front of you if you are in row 1 or in the exit row seat.

Admittedly I've only been tagged once or twice on BA (which is a very low incidence) and I did not take them off but no-one asked me to put them under the seat in front of me since I was in row 1.

A few airlines have put tags on my bag at check-in so that no-one would ask me to gate check them too. There is that benefit attached to tagging the small bag - they do guarantee them to stay on board on BA, don't they?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
It's a much easier path to take. No point in stressing about it. No-one will ask to put the bag under the seat in front of you if you are in row 1 or in the exit row seat.

Admittedly I've only been tagged once or twice on BA (which is a very low incidence) and I did not take them off but no-one asked me to put them under the seat in front of me since I was in row 1.

A few airlines have put tags on my bag at check-in so that no-one would ask me to gate check them too. There is that benefit attached to tagging the small bag - they do guarantee them to stay on board on BA, don't they?
Exactly what I was trying to say. No point in arguing or quoting the rule book for such a minor issue. I guess they have been asked to tag all smaller items.

The other day I asked someone to put their smaller bag underneath the seat in front of them after he put the wheelie bag into the overhead locker.Well you would have thought I asked him to kill someone in front of me. I won't quote on here what he said to me after he blamedall the other Customer bags first and eventually he complied with my polite request but was in such a strop that he declined a drink later when asked and just looked out of the window when doing so
It made me smile inside and I thought "Oh well", there really are more pressing issues in the world but I clearly hit a nerve there. It was a case of "the rules don't apply to me" but I disgress.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
You've been down this road before I see.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23671013-post1.html
Perhaps OP should change their name from Lee_Again to Lee_Again and Again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.