Wiki Posts
Search

BA cancellation refund amount

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club British Airways Executive Club
BA cancellation refund amount

My flight this afternoon to LHR has been cancelled due to weather. I have been automatically rebooked onto a flight into LCY 45 minutes later, but as my final destination is Oxfordshire I don't want to fly to LCY. The next flight to LHR is 2 hours later. Both options put me at home quite late in the evening so I'd now rather take the train.

BA gives me the option to change my flight to any other flight today, or to cancel. My problem is that they won't tell me how much the refund will be. The site states...
"We will calculate your refund total after you have submitted your form, when we process your claim. The refund amount will be based on our terms and conditions and is final and non-negotiable. Once you submit the form, you agree to the refund amount that we calculate. Under normal circumstances your refund will be processed within 7 working days of form submission, but please be aware that it may take up to two billing cycles before appearing on your credit card statement."
I don't like the ambiguity of the amount here. Can anyone shed some light on whether the refund amount is fair? I paid for a semi-flexible ticket if it makes any difference.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club British Airways Executive Club
For reference if anyone else comes across this thread, for a £291.52 fare I was refunded £133.41. I can't remember how much each segment was when I purchased.

I'm happy with that.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:59 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Was your ticket just for this flight one-way, or is it part of a return/multi-sector journey?

If the flight was cancelled BA should provide a full refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.