Search

Searching by departure Times

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Searching by departure Times

Hi,

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it in a search.

Is there any way of searching for BA flights by departure time? I'm trying to book a weekend away but the flight timings are more important than the destination so we can take advantage of not having to take a Friday or Monday off work. Is there anyway of searching for a Friday night departure (from London) and Monday morning arrival?

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by scmd76; Aug 6, 2015 at 8:38 am Reason: needed to amend title of post
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
The "Explore map" on Google Flights will let you enter dates and time ranges. This will show you a map of the world complete with prices - it's what I use when looking for weekend getaways.

You can also select an alliance of your choice (although not an individual airline).
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If it's in the near future, then the BA's Information/Flight Status/Airport may help:

http://www.britishairways.com/rtad/t...&link=main_nav

You can search by hourly chunk. Berlin, Geneva and above all Hannover are possibly among the answers.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
If you have a short-ish list of destinations, you can do a search on matrix.itasoftware.com in the following format:

To (for example): LIS,OPO,FAO,AGP,ALC,MAD,GIB,BCN,BIO,IBZ,MEN,PMI :: BA

You can then filter the results by departure/arrival times.

If you wait until tomorrow, being a Friday (assuming you want to travel over in the summer season), you can pull up tomorrow's late departures to build your shortlist by filtering by time on the Route tab here http://www.britishairways.com/rtad/travel/public/en_gb
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb

I use the Timetable function.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Many thanks for all the very helpful responses
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:40 pm

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...ortQueryType=0

You can restrict it to a specific airline/airport/time slot.

The LHR website used to be the best at this until their daft website refresh.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 1:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by scmd76
Is there anyway of searching for a Friday night departure (from London) and Monday morning arrival?
I think this is a list of destinations (country code, airport code) that have a post-6pm LON (LHR, LGW, LCY) departure on Friday, back by 8am on Mon and less than 4h flight time. Is that the sort of thing you wanted?

BE BRU
CH BSL
CH GVA
CH ZRH
CZ PRG
DE DUS
DE FRA
DE HAJ
DE HAM
DE MUC
DE TXL
DK CPH
ES AGP
ES BCN
ES IBZ
ES MAD
FR CDG
FR LYS
FR NCE
FR ORY
FR TLS
IE DUB
IM IOM
IT BLQ
IT LIN
IT MXP
IT VCE
JE JER
NL AMS
NL RTM
RU DME

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.