Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket not yet issued for child

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, EK Silver
Ticket not yet issued for child

I booked r/t Club World DXB-JFK with a lap child. My son turned 2 in June, so I called BA, inform them he has turned two, I'm given a Booking reference for him, and things seem great.

Today I think, hmm, I should probably reserve the middle seats for us, just to make everyone's life easier. I go online and realize I can't reserve a seat for him. I call BA and learn that he has not been issued a ticket yet, and the ticket will be issued on a "priority" basis, but will not share what this means. The agent suggests I call back 3-4 days before the flight. As our flight is Aug 12, I'm concerned about this. I'm concerned that he may not be issued a ticket or that we may not be able to have those two middle seats.

Has anyone had any experience with this or something similar? Or suggestions as to anything I can do to find out more information? Or find out when the tickets will be issued?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:40 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
From what I read here, it is fairly common that tickets takes time to issue. I would look again in a few days.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:29 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
I've travelled with this free child ticket and it was actually issued at the airport desk, even though I called a few days before... Make sure you have some extra time.
They actually do everything possible to seat you together, I wouldn't worry too much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.