Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advance Passenger Information Gone!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Advance Passenger Information Gone!

So I have gathered from browsing the forum that the BA website is a shambles held together by duct tape and happy thoughts.

I have just been into MMB as I have done periodically since I booked my flights last October and low and behold suddenly all the advance passenger information I put in has mysteriously been deleted and it's asking for it all again!

Has anyone else had this issue and do you think if I leave it a while it will suddenly 'reappear'? (My whole flight disappeared at one point but came back a couple of hours later...)
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:37 am

Programs: BA GfL, Hilton Gold
I went into MMB for my family holiday next week and saw that red exclamation marks had appeared against the API for all of us. So I went in to re-enter all the data only to find it is all there and just needed to be reconfirmed - green light and good to go.

All done I thought, but on going back to the main MMB page the exclamation marks are back saying more details needed.

Looks broken to me...
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:19 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Same for me. Red exclamation mark so went in but info all there, saved, says information complete but MMB still shows more info required. Tried again. Same result. Gave up
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Upon further checking, both myself and my other half have the red exclamation mark but when I go to 'add details' hers lists 'completed' for everything whereas mine is missing everything except address we are staying in the US.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:51 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I have had to add the us address now 4 times �� last time the agent added it over the phone and yet again the red appears
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by stealthferret
Upon further checking, both myself and my other half have the red exclamation mark but when I go to 'add details' hers lists 'completed' for everything whereas mine is missing everything except address we are staying in the US.
Similar here but all the details are present (including my US address). Clicking submit gives an initial green tick but still shows a red exclamation mark in MMB - looks like another BA IT glitch as there was no problem for me checking into my TATL for today.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:18 am
Original Poster

I was about to add this to the glitches thread (which I have only just noticed!) but I see you beat me to it. ^
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Obviously something wrong BA systems then.

I also was getting the big red ! despite entering all the information a long time ago. Have just re-entered the info and been told the information is complete only to return to MMB to see the the big red ! yet again.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:41 am

I just had the same issue when about to check in for DUB-LHR-SFO.

I re-entered a couple of times, still got the issue, but it let me check in anyway so potentially all there in the background and just a UI issue.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I have this too (LHR -ORD + 2more legs) I dutifully re-added the information (it had kept my first US address) magically my husbands now said completed when before it hadn't.
Went back into MMB and it still wanted API.

Curiously my flights to AMS and HND seemed to have retained the API ......for now !
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
My understanding is that this is a longstanding issue between the BA.com user interface and DCS. It may well be all correct in DCS - which is what matters. So by all means ring up to check it is in DCS, though I wouldn't bother unless there were extenuating circumstances (e.g. a visit to Secondary Security on a previous USA trip) - it can be sorted out at check-in, the lounge or gate in under 30 seconds. If you can't OLCI and you don't have a seat lined up then it is worth a call to check.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
This seems to have been a long standing issue if you have flights on other airlines (such as "partner" AA) as the two systems cannot understand one another and corrupt each other. It has not in my experience affected travel but it can preclude on-line check in.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
I had a problem where my BAEC name is just 'greg 5', but my ticket from a TA had my name as 'greg middlename 5'. In this case it seemed to cause problems with the Adv. Passenger Info. Fortunately, no problems with checkin though.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, United MP member, Marriott Reward Silver member, IHG, KimptonKarma
API info for Sept booking is missing too and it was filled in ages ago
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Same issue for me too. The BA website is a joke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.