Wiki Posts
Search

Club class check in / Bag drop LGW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: British airways executive club, Bronze
Club class check in / Bag drop LGW

We are flying from LGW on the 24th to MCO on the BA 2037. Can someone tell me if I check in on line do you have to join the standard bag drop line or is there a separate bag drop for club class

Thanks in advance

RTFL66
Old Jul 14, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
There's a separate check/bag drop in at the far right as you look at the desks.

Also don't forget to use the Premium Gatwick channel for security. It isn't particularly obvious what it's for, but you can use it.

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
Originally Posted by Rtfl66
We are flying from LGW on the 24th to MCO on the BA 2037. Can someone tell me if I check in on line do you have to join the standard bag drop line or is there a separate bag drop for club class

Thanks in advance

RTFL66
at LGW North terminal
There is a separate CLUB WORLD checkin desk at the right end of all the bag drop counters, so head there. It is the furthest end from the main terminal entrance. If you are a Gold Card holder you can go one step further right and use the First Checkin desk. In my experience the queues are short and the staff always helpful.

However FastTrack security is not always what it says!

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Silver, Accor Club Silver and many others at the lowest level
Hi,
There is a premium check-in area at the far end of the BA check-in area from the entrance to the terminal. It is worth checking to see if any of the regular bag drop desks are free though as the premium area can get quite busy around the time of the MCO departures as there are a lot of long haul flights leaving around then.

Safe travels.

tdng
Old Jul 14, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Fast Track is not always fast and is not always open! When it is closed there is sometimes a fast track line in the main security check area but even that wasn't there when we went through the airport at 5am last Thursday when the airport was surprisingly busy. The staff didn't know anything of any use about its non existence.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: British airways executive club, Bronze
Thank you for your help all
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Certainly fast track is not always fast. I normally head to the far end of normal security and am through in ~5 minutes. although it adds 5 minutes of walking back towards the lounge.
The only time I've used fast track in the last 5+ trips was when I happened to be there at 05:30 as the shutter was raising and I was number 2 in the queue.
Around 6AM fast track is usually queuing to the boarding pass scan and as there is only 1 security lane that's a 15-20 minute wait.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I agree Premium security at LGW is a bit hit or miss. I've had some good runs through recently, but mid morning, with the once a year travellers on Emirates, unfamiliar with security restrictions in place for 9 years, it can be a very frustrating experience as a spectator.

If there are more than about 6 people in front of you, you best de-scan yourself from Premium Security - which takes 2 seconds - and go to main security. If you enter Departures and walk down the centre line of zone D-E before swinging left to check-in in Zone A / premium security end of Zone B-C, you can see how busy main security is and make an informed choice. And there's another security entrance over in Zone H too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.