Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge access when flying UK Domestic connecting to CE flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold

I am looking to fly GLA-LHR-CDG, where GLA-LHR is UK Domestic class, and LHR-CDG is CE. I assume I get lounge access in LHR, but do I get it in GLA? The website seems to suggest so under 'View all features'. Just curious.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:15 pm

Is your domestic sector Business UK? If yes, then you have lounge access

check this link out as well, it should have all the details you need:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...dashboard.html
Old Jul 12, 2015, 12:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum

I believe that you get access by virtue of connecting to or from CE, whether or not your DOM sector shows Business UK.

My understanding is that the OW rule permits access for same day feeder flights on OW airlines to an OW-operated LH flight.

However, BA are more generous and extend this for their flights to feeder flights to CE, rather than just LH.

If your DOM BP shows Business UK, you will get access through that; otherwise you will need to show your CE BP.

Issue with Business UK being required is for feeders to WTP where standard revenue fares book into Business UK, thus permitting lounge access on domestic leg even though WTP does not permit lounge access. However, rewards don't book into Business UK and therefore you don't get this rather anomalous lounge access.

Hope that helps.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Yes, you can use the lounges at GLA and LHR. You will likely need to show your CE boarding pass at GLA.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 3:32 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold

Never had a problem at MAN. Just say "I'm connecting to club Europe" show your BPs and they'll let you in
Old Jul 12, 2015, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
If you are booked on one paid ticket then the domestic lęg will be business UK and you do get lounge access
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Thank you very much for the replies!
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Just seems odd that you are going through all this painand to transit via LHR for the likes of CDG (Esp CE to CDG for when the boarding will take longer than the flight for CE rubbish) when you can go direct in hour hour fifteen minutes or so on EZY....but I guess each have their own reasons...
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by nivsy
Just seems odd that you are going through all this painand to transit via LHR for the likes of CDG (Esp CE to CDG for when the boarding will take longer than the flight for CE rubbish) when you can go direct in hour hour fifteen minutes or so on EZY....but I guess each have their own reasons...
maybe the 1 flight a day GLA - CDG is not at a convenient time?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Be aware if using Avios it can sometimes be a battle to get in the lounge, particularly on the return at LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.