Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A Guide to Seats and Window Positions - A318 Babybus BA1-4 LCY-JFK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Print Wikipost

A Guide to Seats and Window Positions - A318 Babybus BA1-4 LCY-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Very interesting and informative - thank you.

I shall no doubt refer to this guide if I ever get around to taking the BA1. Even if I don't, it is a great read!
You should, it is a unique experience. Even now the TPs have dropped for BA1-4 I am still planning to use it.

Originally Posted by af fp
Great job!
Thanks

Originally Posted by ClassicLover
I nearly jumped out of my seat with joy when I saw this! What a fabulous resource and exactly exactly exactly what I have been looking for ... I already have 1A and 2A on an upcoming trip, but that row 7 is looking good for my BA4 instead of row 2. I like lots of windows :P ... Thanks KARFA! Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!
Many thanks - glad you are finding it useful ClassicLover, and sounds look good timing for your trips. I am very much a window seat person, and on the odd occasion I am in a middle or aisle on a flight I really don't enjoy it.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by KARFA
Hopefully this is of use to someone.
Hi KARFA, great job! For some random reason I have the LCY Arrivals Service booklet in my backpack from a recent trip. Would this be a useful addition? If so I can scan and send it to you or upload it myself. Whatever you prefer.

Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
This is pretty cool - thanks Karfa. Just a question then: Row 4 is over the wings - does that seriously impede the view from these seats? Would it be better to move to Row 7? (The front rows are already reserved - we got dumped in 4 when our original flight was cancelled). Thanks
View from 7A:

Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Excellent resource. Thank you for making the effort! ^
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
Hi KARFA, great job! For some random reason I have the LCY Arrivals Service booklet in my backpack from a recent trip. Would this be a useful addition? If so I can scan and send it to you or upload it myself. Whatever you prefer.

Thanks, that would be great. This guide seems to be exanding to cover more than just windows and seat alignment

I think the best is if you could scan and email to me. I will send you a PM with my email address.

Originally Posted by Flip42
View from 7A:

Thanks. Could I use the photo in the guide? I think under the row photo I have already posted I could add a photo of the view out from that row. I have rows 1 and 2 already.

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Excellent resource. Thank you for making the effort! ^
Thanks. Glad you like it LondonElite.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Many thanks - glad you are finding it useful ClassicLover, and sounds look good timing for your trips. I am very much a window seat person, and on the odd occasion I am in a middle or aisle on a flight I really don't enjoy it.
I have to agree with you completely on that! I am usually 'forced' to take an aisle seat on long flights (SIN-SYD) as I like to get up and down, but I otherwise always take a window. Now having a pair to myself is akin to heaven as I can have the window AND get up and down as I like...
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Having never tried this service, I have one (probably silly) question: on the return flight, do they actually make your bed (like in F) or is it more a 'regular J' experience ?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:47 am

I think the best is if you could scan and email to me. I will send you a PM with my email address.
Got it, thanks. Will do when I get back home tomorrow night.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Having never tried this service, I have one (probably silly) question: on the return flight, do they actually make your bed (like in F) or is it more a 'regular J' experience ?
It is a regular BA J experience in that there are no pyjamas and no one makes your bed.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
It is a regular BA J experience in that there are no pyjamas and no one makes your bed.
Thanks for the info ! ^
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I do like my window alignment threads. Thanks KARFA. ^

I like the look of rows 5 and 7. It is just a shame that I doubt I shall ever have cause to fly on this aircraft.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Could I use the photo in the guide?
Sure. Glad to contribute.

I think under the row photo I have already posted I could add a photo of the view out from that row.
Good idea. ^

Last edited by Flip42; Jul 8, 2015 at 12:43 pm
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Maybe the wrong thread for this but last night I did OLCI for tonight's 4 and they'd allocated me 8B despite 1/2 the seats being available. 8a was already taken.

I promptly shifted myself but I though 'why do that' especially as I'm travelling on my own (bears excepted) ??
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Maybe the wrong thread for this but last night I did OLCI for tonight's 4 and they'd allocated me 8B despite 1/2 the seats being available. 8a was already taken.

I promptly shifted myself but I though 'why do that' especially as I'm travelling on my own (bears excepted) ??
It could well be a balance/weighting issue being dictated by the BA dispatch department. I am not sure how it works in the day and age of OLCI (where one can move their seats etc) but certainly if an aircraft is lightly loaded then the positioning of passengers in the cabin (versus the location of cargo/fuel etc) is important. I
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear

What seat had you chosen and were you moved from your chosen seat to 8B?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.