Search

Refund for an upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 5:51 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Craig
Every call I made, on both the US and UK numbers, went to a call centre in India.
Regardless of where the call is handled, the agents should set the POS to the location of the caller. So if you call the US number, you would get a US POS.

Anyway, the T&C's of a POUG that are displayed prior to payment include the fact that it is non-refundable.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 5:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Back to the original question, was your wife in WT or WT+ on the IAD-LHR flight? I ask because I just want to make sure that you knew that from WT she would only have been able to upgrade to WP+, rather than to CW. As mentioned above, I think it's not a complete loss as a shower in LHR is something to look (and listen) forward to.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:01 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Back to the original question, was your wife in WT or WT+ on the IAD-LHR flight? I ask because I just want to make sure that you knew that from WT she would only have been able to upgrade to WP+, rather than to CW. As mentioned above, I think it's not a complete loss as a shower in LHR is something to look (and listen) forward to.
POUG's can be offered from WT to CW, usually when WTP is sold out.

Also the OP has indicated his wife is OW Emerald, so can use the FLounge anyway.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Craig
Every call I made, on both the US and UK numbers, went to a call centre in India.
In my somewhat limited experience, they are utterly useless so I'm not surprised.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I'm curious now. Was the price not a bit of a giveaway that it wasn't the longhaul sector being upgraded?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
And if you do get through, be prepaired to wait for the refund.

I was told it would take 14 days to process my refund (only one to take my money though) I keep getting told that they have a big backlog.

It's now been a month. By LAW BA a required to refund within 30 days, It will be a letter from the courts tomorrow including costs and accrued CC interest which they said they wouldn't pay (we shall see)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.