Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

AA flights not showing up for avios booking today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Nothing at all (of course plenty of saver space on aa site) - hopefully just a short glitch - need to book stuff asap... not sure if calling would help...
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Yes, it's been noted in a few threads today.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 5:49 am

It still happens today... I don't know if calling would help.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
My searches for NAmerican awards keep defaulting to Economy even if I input Business/Club or First. Another part of the vanishing AA inventory issue?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
So it's pretty hopeless to look for AA flights again today. And my searches keep defaulting to FIRST, I hope they fix this soon.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:23 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
AA.com is much better for finding AA award inventory, and can be done without logging in.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by nux
AA.com is much better for finding AA award inventory, and can be done without logging in.
But will the agents on the phone at BA be able to see/book the flights if available as MilesAAvers on the AA website?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:43 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by golfmad
But will the agents on the phone at BA be able to see/book the flights if available as MilesAAvers on the AA website?
They *should* as I assume this is just a BA.com problem unless someone confirms otherwise.
For reference, Qantas.com award searches are correctly showing AA flights.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:37 am

You should call the Executive Club to book

Hi all,

There is a technical issue with booking a ticket for an AA flight using Avios on the BA.com website right now, and has happened before too. You should phone up the Executive Club to book those seats, assuming that there is availability.

For those who want to know the process: I wanted to make an Avios booking on AA metal earlier. I identified Economy MileSAAver availability for flights on the AA.com but could not find the same availability on the British Airways website. As such, I phoned up the Executive Club who were able to book the flights for me. The agent was able to waive the telephone booking fee as I was unable to book my itinerary on the website. The telephone agent was the one to confirm that the British Airways website was currently having problems booking some AA flights using Avios.

I hope that will help somebody!

Simon
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by nux
They *should* as I assume this is just a BA.com problem unless someone confirms otherwise.
For reference, Qantas.com award searches are correctly showing AA flights.
You were right.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Called ExecClub line to book my AA flight after two days of online frustration. Agent was initially reluctant to waive the $25 booking fee but confirmed with supervisor so made the booking. Only biz available but 9500 +C$6 (actually bought 3K of those Avios for C$40...best airline miles purchase value around!) but was a lot better than the same award using my AA miles at 25K +C$6!
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Called ExecClub line to book my AA flight after two days of online frustration. Agent was initially reluctant to waive the $25 booking fee but confirmed with supervisor so made the booking. Only biz available but 9500 +C$6 (actually bought 3K of those Avios for C$40...best airline miles purchase value around!) but was a lot better than the same award using my AA miles at 25K +C$6!
I agree, Executive Club rewards are far better than AAdvantage bookings on those USA domestic flights.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Booked over the phone last night - still nothing on ba.com
Old Jun 27, 2015, 3:07 pm

Do you guys call a few times instead of once? I called BAEC and they just simply say the flights are not there, even when I searched the flights and they are seen on AA MileSAAver.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Just booked by calling BAEC the agent was trying to add phone service charge, he keep saying I should be able to book it online after I explain to him, he needs to get his supervisor approval for waiving the charge, I hope this isn't a new way for BA to generate extra money for people who just pay for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.