Wiki Posts
Search

FCO lounge or lack of it and compensation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2015, 12:13 am
db7

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, BA ,
Originally Posted by Xordan
Yes, I used 'Le Anfore' a few days after the fire - it's in a satellite so it was unaffected. Decent bar and very quiet at the time.
Is this accessible for BA flights?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Has the lounge actually been damaged? I just thought it was inaccessible as the fire was in the vicinity of the lounge.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...&link=main_nav

Update on FCO, from BA
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:32 am

If all FCO flights from 18th June onwards are departing from T5, are there any contract lounges in that terminal that BA could use?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:10 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lewis_saint
If all FCO flights from 18th June onwards are departing from T5, are there any contract lounges in that terminal that BA could use?
I think terminal 5 is really just a check in facility, and from there you are bussed to the usual departure gates. So it's still Le Anfore with Priority Pass.

In reality, you check in, have passports checked and go through security in T5, before being bussed airside to the usual place.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Plat, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by db7
Is this accessible for BA flights?
My BA flight was from that satellite, but I had to use my PP - no entry just on a BA J ticket.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Were you flying in CE or a status pax in ET?

I'd have been miffed if I was in CE and nothing else not even a voucher was offered. Those with status flying in ET? A case of tough luck I'm afraid.
I was flying in CE on a full fare ticket purchased by myself.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:45 pm

BA is only major airlines not providing alternative lounges at FCO

They are making lots of money out of not paying for space in an alternative lounge. Not providing custumers what they are entitled to and then apologising for the inconvenience--without offering compensation of course--is what British Airways is about.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
and LIS
and IST!
Old Jun 13, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
FCO lounge or lack of it and compensation

The lounge at Istanbul is fine and not a joke at all. It's no Galleries First, but still.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Are all of you aware the the Italian authorities have reduced the numbers of flights at FCO down to 60% of the normal number handled prior to the fire. It was running at 80% but this weekend it was reduced further.

This means that airlines are having to cancel flights.

I think the lounge issue is probably not the biggest problem facing staff in FCO.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Are all of you aware the the Italian authorities have reduced the numbers of flights at FCO down to 60% of the normal number handled prior to the fire. It was running at 80% but this weekend it was reduced further.

This means that airlines are having to cancel flights.

I think the lounge issue is probably not the biggest problem facing staff in FCO.
+1

Think people need to remember that FCO is a terminal down in effect, and that a lounge is way down the list to get sorted for the Airport Authorities, added to the fact all other lounges are likely to be rammed, as Etihad Italy aka Alitalia and Skyteam have lost there Main Lounge in T3
Old Jun 13, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by paul4040
I read on this board (maybe you posted it), that they didn't sign the lounge contract because people whinged about it being poor last time they served KRK.

Seems odd then, that they persist with the comedy offerings at places like GOA and BOD.
Yes it was me that posted that... by far the worst lounge that I have visited is RAK (Marrakech). Really wish that I hadn't gone there in general but it was a mini tier point run and got me back to Silver
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by IThink
and IST!
Admittedly, going to IST, I like flying *A/TK much more
Old Jun 13, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
IST

IST- just never managed to get a seat yet and that was with 4 visits in the last 6 months, admittedly one of them was on the snow day when it was carnage - but Heathrow would be too - but even last week it was heaving and i just walked in grabbed a bottle of water and went to the gate/bus station to work there.

Is there a PP lounge that is any less congested before the afternoon BA 767 flight from IST?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.