FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1684072-question-about-my-flights-app-service-ends-31-dec-2017-a.html)

LCY8737 Jan 10, 2018 12:04 am

Is there any news on the ability to download the data held on myflights?

A1pax Jan 10, 2018 8:28 am

Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 29252266)
I have a Redmond/Bend too

Mine is "Redmond/Bend - Hobart", CMT departure date 2 July 2017

Actual departure date is 30 March 2018, and the routing is SYD-xMEL-oHBA-MEL, Avios redemption on QF

I have another Redmond/Bend - OR, USA. Booking was made with BA using BA avios for AS flights.

A1pax Jan 10, 2018 8:29 am

Does anyone know if CMT app will work on iPad? It works on my iPhone. I also downloaded the CMT app to my iPad but could not sign in at all.

fruitcage Jan 10, 2018 9:45 am

Originally Posted by A1pax (Post 29274431)
Does anyone know if CMT app will work on iPad? It works on my iPhone. I also downloaded the CMT app to my iPad but could not sign in at all.

Works OK for me on iphone and ipad

A1pax Jan 10, 2018 9:50 am

Originally Posted by fruitcage (Post 29274796)
Works OK for me on iphone and ipad

Not sure what I have done wrong? It kept saying "not being able to validate your credential" on iPad!

Deltus Jan 10, 2018 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Dave_C (Post 29268961)
If you have the TripIt link still enabled, new booking do appear in MyFlights via there, but as mentioned aren't monitored.

I only started using TripIt after MyFlights died, but have just enabled the link, and I'm pleased to report that my flights booked in 2018 have now appeared in MyFlights too - excellent!

IMH Jan 14, 2018 7:22 am

A request to Chris, from someone who had not looked at this thread since December: If MyFlights either regains functionality or is replaced, please be sure to let former subscribers know by email.

I've missed MyFlights so much these past couple of weeks that I'd gladly revise (upwards!) the amount I'm prepared to pay for it, either per month/year or (maybe an option???) per PNR.

Originally Posted by rjn21 (Post 29270177)
[...] It potentially would impact my booking provider choice if I knew I could add the data into "MyFlights-TA Version".

Ditto.

Jase76 Jan 30, 2018 2:50 am

Originally Posted by MyFlights App (Post 29269381)
Hi all - apologies for the removal of the add button - I needed to get a version out there which stopped the use of the Amadeus lookup, as the previous version would give errors as I'd turned off the API. I'll be doing a slight revision which allows bookings to be manually added, but as the manual entry screen is minimal info only (e.g. no seats etc.) most people tend to use TripIt which is still operational.

I'm also considering whether the app should continue without the Amadeus access - if so, I'd need to significantly improve the input approach, but my concern is there's then little to differentiate it from the likes of App In The Air etc.

(And just to address the other discussion on here - bookings could be added and monitored until 31st, but after this there is no Amadeus adding and no Amadeus monitoring - the data feed to Amadeus is no longer for bookings except those made by Travel Agents who have signed an agreement between themselves, Amadeus and MyFlights)

Great to see that new bookings can be added in the update I got today. Unless I am mistaken, there is still no functionality to edit manually added bookings? I added one then realised I made a mistake but wasn't able to edit it (only Delete). Or has this function moved somewhere else?

MyFlights App Jan 30, 2018 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Jase76 (Post 29356718)
Great to see that new bookings can be added in the update I got today. Unless I am mistaken, there is still no functionality to edit manually added bookings? I added one then realised I made a mistake but wasn't able to edit it (only Delete). Or has this function moved somewhere else?

Sorry - that's my fault - I re-enabled the Add button but forgot to re-enabled the Edit button.
Look out for an update in a day or so once Apple have approved it - sorry!

Jase76 Jan 30, 2018 2:59 am

Originally Posted by MyFlights App (Post 29356728)
Sorry - that's my fault - I re-enabled the Add button but forgot to re-enabled the Edit button.
Look out for an update in a day or so once Apple have approved it - sorry!

That's great, thanks Chris!

percysmith Mar 12, 2018 9:17 pm

Groan

I'm still depending on Myflightsapp to locate some Easter itineraries

All my CX R/T itineraries for the next 30 days (ticketed and unticketed) don't appear in my Checkmytrip itineraries list. I have to use my legacy copy of Myflightsapp to locate the itineraries.

CX and BA O/W itineraries correctly display in Checkmytrip. Go figure.

madfish Mar 12, 2018 9:23 pm

Spotted on Facebook yesterday that myflights have launched a new partnership with a travel agent. Hopefully more will follow.

Doleris Company partners with MyFlights to deliver the ultimate travel experience | MyFlights Travel Agent

percysmith Mar 12, 2018 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by madfish (Post 29517654)
Spotted on Facebook yesterday that myflights have launched a new partnership with a travel agent. Hopefully more will follow.

Doleris Company partners with MyFlights to deliver the ultimate travel experience MyFlights Travel Agent

"“MyFlights Travel Agent is the solution I’ve always been looking for. It enables me to track my clients’ bookings for changes, and in turn has helped my business grow the respect and trust of my customers."?

So it only tracks bookings made thru the travel agent who offered Myflights Travel Agent (Doleris being the first)?

That's not bad news but I desperately want to track my bookings made via Asia Miles Travel Services Limited and BA Executive Club. I do not believe it is likely that AMTSL or BA will ever consent or offer Myflights Travel Agent to members.

P.S. 12:19pm:
"Pricing" (dropdown menu)£100.00 per month + £1.00 per PNR
  • Booking monitoring & change notifications
  • MyFlights Travel Agent Dashboard
  • Branded iOS App for your customers
  • Branded emails
  • Up to 3 agents

MyFlights App Mar 13, 2018 3:04 am

Originally Posted by madfish (Post 29517654)

Doleris Company partners with MyFlights to deliver the ultimate travel experience MyFlights Travel Agent

Yup - this is the new Travel Agent product I mentioned in my comms about the customer app closing. The first agent (Doleris) has been live on it for a number of months, but with their support I've been building up the features to make it appeal to more agents, so only now doing a proper launch. The key reason the TA product works is that the TA and MyFlights sign an agreement with Amadeus to allow MyFlights to access their bookings. For the original MyFlights to work I'd have needed to sign one of those agreements for every possible booking agent and airline that travellers may book through.

There are other TAs trialing the product at the moment, so yes, hopefully more will follow. If corporate TAs follow then that will also help business travellers as the majority of their travel will be booked through their corporate TA.

percysmith Mar 13, 2018 3:12 am

Originally Posted by MyFlights App (Post 29518312)
The key reason the TA product works is that the TA and MyFlights sign an agreement with Amadeus to allow MyFlights to access their bookings. For the original MyFlights to work I'd have needed to sign one of those agreements for every possible booking agent and airline that travellers may book through.

(For the purposes of this forum) Not a chance in hell British Airways (direct ticketing and/or Avios redemption) will ever sign this agreement even if we passengers paid for it is there?