FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1684072-question-about-my-flights-app-service-ends-31-dec-2017-a.html)

schofs Jan 17, 2016 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by GentleGiant (Post 26033491)
Can't see that option?

It's currently only in the iPhone version on the settings tab, although as we speak I'm writing it for the web version

fartoomanyusers Jan 17, 2016 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by schofs (Post 26033262)
If you link to TripIt you can forward non-Amadeus bookings to [email protected] and they'll be imported.

but you won't get any notified of any changes to your booking.

jamesreid978 Jan 23, 2016 8:33 am

Does anyone have experience on the price that comes up on the myflights app ticket number? Had a couple TA bookings which I paid extra to increase I flexibility, but the ticket cost on the app displays the cost (almost) what was quoted for the completely non flexible price. Is the price here compeltely accurate? It is for my bookings which haven't involved a travel agent. Interesting to see their markup here on my other bookings too in the future.

Globaliser Jan 23, 2016 11:23 am

AIUI, the ticket price shown on My Flights is the price on the ticket. If you could get a printout of the e-ticket receipt itself (as opposed to merely an itinerary showing the ticket number) with the full breakdown into base fare plus all the different bits of TFC, that would show the same as what is shown on My Flights.

If your travel agent has charged you more than that, one possible explanation is that they've paid the lower price to the airline and kept the rest; and if you were to change the ticket, they would pay the change fee and fare difference to the airline without charging you any more, gambling that in the long run they will take more from customers who don't change than they pay to the airlines for customers who do change. Other explanations, of course, are also possible.

One interesting thing about seeing the My Flights ticket price breakdown is the total on tickets where you've only paid BA the RFS cap. The total TFC written on such tickets can be rather more than the RFS amount paid.

benberg2013 Mar 27, 2016 9:54 am

Is there a problem with myflightsapp? I'm trying to use the desktop website version, but it says I have no bookings, and there is high demand for the website... Not working...

EDIT: Now it is working...

schofs Mar 27, 2016 9:57 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013 (Post 26393824)
Is there a problem with myflightsapp? I'm trying to use the desktop website version, but it says I have no bookings, and there is high demand for the website... Not working...

EDIT: Now it is working...

It's up and down a bit at the moment. Not quite sure on the issue but have been trying to work on it all day.

Thinking at some point soon I may park the app as trying to tune the database is killing me..... :(

benberg2013 Mar 27, 2016 9:58 am

Thanks. And any news on an android app? :)

schofs Mar 27, 2016 9:59 am

It's more a case of any news on whether the app will still exist tomorrow in any form....

KARFA Mar 27, 2016 10:07 am

Originally Posted by schofs (Post 26393842)
It's more a case of any news on whether the app will still exist tomorrow in any form....

This is an absolutely essential app for me. Please don't let it go to the wayside. If it is a cost issue I am sure many of use would pay more to use it.

Physci Mar 27, 2016 10:10 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 26393869)
This is an absolutely essential app for me. Please don't let it go to the wayside. If it is a cost issue I am sure many of use would pay more to use it.

Agree entirely

schofs Mar 27, 2016 10:15 am

That's very kind - but it's not a cost issue really. I'm happy to pay for the servers it runs on (it has dedicated servers etc.).

The issue is that it needs someone more guru than me to have a look at what's causing the drop outs and tune it appropriately. The kit it's on should easily scale - it's more the tuning of the db/web config.

KARFA Mar 27, 2016 10:18 am

Originally Posted by schofs (Post 26393885)
That's very kind - but it's not a cost issue really. I'm happy to pay for the servers it runs on (it has dedicated servers etc.).

The issue is that it needs someone more guru than me to have a look at what's causing the drop outs and tune it appropriately. The kit it's on should easily scale - it's more the tuning of the db/web config.

I know a small grey t-shirted IT expert. I will ask him if he can help.

schofs Mar 27, 2016 10:20 am

If we're talking an apache2 and mysql guru, then great. If we're talking a generic IT geek, then I'm one of those so worry not :)

KARFA Mar 27, 2016 10:24 am

Originally Posted by schofs (Post 26393907)
If we're talking an apache2 and mysql guru, then great. If we're talking a generic IT geek, then I'm one of those so worry not :)

I am not sure if he in to apache2 and mysql - he may well be. Even if he can't help this board seems to be overweight in IT people so hopefully someone with the necessary knowledge will kindly step up and offer to help.

I hope we can get this resolved :)

schofs Mar 27, 2016 10:25 am

Any mysql & apache2 gurus please step forward :D

AAtticus Mar 27, 2016 11:17 am

Originally Posted by schofs (Post 26393885)

Let me know if you're still looking for someone to help out. I use MySQL and Apache daily ;)
Have you considered switching to nginx?

angeloedades Mar 27, 2016 11:20 am

Originally Posted by AAtticus (Post 26394112)
Let me know if you're still looking for someone to help out. I use MySQL and Apache daily ;)

You are the man/woman to help then! :D

I am more of a MS SQL / Oracle guy with a limited MySQL experience. I have contacted schofs a few minutes ago with some geekery to try and pin point the problem.

/AE

benberg2013 Mar 27, 2016 11:22 am

Originally Posted by schofs (Post 26393927)

Any mysql & apache2 gurus please step forward :D

Originally Posted by angeloedades (Post 26394122)
You are the man to help then! :D

I am more of a MS SQL / Oracle guy with a limited MySQL experience. I have contacted schofs a few minutes ago with some geekery to try and pin point the problem.

/AE

Thanks all for your help with this priceless App!

KARFA Mar 27, 2016 11:28 am

Originally Posted by angeloedades (Post 26394122)
You are the man/woman to help then! :D

/AE

Aha, my IT expert has arrived. Thanks, you will be rewarded ;)

angeloedades Mar 27, 2016 11:31 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 26394158)
Aha, my IT expert has arrived. Thanks, you will be rewarded ;)

I heard some dings, its either you or Physci texting! I will respond when I descend!

/AE

schofs Mar 27, 2016 11:46 am

Thanks AAtticus - if you could drop me an email to support (at) myflightsapp.com it would be good to chat

angeloedades has been a great help - thank you

greg5 Mar 28, 2016 2:53 am

I do work with Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, Apache....

Have a look at mysqltuner.pl. It's a script hosted at a website of the same name. You will also want to make sure that you've got your apache servers synced with the DB clients correctly. A mismatch with that can make things difficult.

Remember, your DB will always be your bottleneck. And storage will be the main problem there.

There are probably also some work with indexes and SQL code tuning that can be done.

I'll send you email at the support address.

BERbound Mar 28, 2016 4:13 am

Can you add the copy and paste function so i can select my flight booking references and paste them to online check in? (This wouldn't be needed for BA flights , rather other airlines, DY etc)

benberg2013 Apr 2, 2016 3:55 pm

So do we have any updates on the situation now after all these helpful FT'ers?

Thanks!

schofs Apr 2, 2016 3:57 pm

With thanks to the helpful FT'ers, we're up and running again. No outages in the last week, and all seems to be holding strong.

Thanks to all for their help

schofs Apr 2, 2016 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by BERbound (Post 26397461)
Can you add the copy and paste function so i can select my flight booking references and paste them to online check in? (This wouldn't be needed for BA flights , rather other airlines, DY etc)

Just seen this - Copy & Paste has been in since My Flights 1... double tap on an item in the app to bring up the copy menu

benberg2013 Apr 2, 2016 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by schofs (Post 26426875)
With thanks to the helpful FT'ers, we're up and running again. No outages in the last week, and all seems to be holding strong.

But still no sign of anything for Android? ;)

schofs Apr 2, 2016 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by benberg2013 (Post 26426882)
But still no sign of anything for Android? ;)

Sorry - that's unlikely. It'd mean learning a whole new language and supporting another platform.

I'd rather spend that time working on a new solution for Sabre.

KARFA Apr 2, 2016 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by schofs (Post 26426875)

Glad to hear that. My thanks to all that helped as well. Myflights is essential for monitoring and notifying changes to bookings.

Jase76 Apr 2, 2016 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 26427140)
Glad to hear that. My thanks to all that helped as well. Myflights is essential for monitoring and notifying changes to bookings.

+1 Really appreciate it, thank you.

BoeBus Apr 2, 2016 10:35 pm

I build apps and work with sql, php and more, daily, so happy to help out with this too.

If we can have a chat I'm sure I can put together an Android & Windows version relatively easily - PM me for details

msm2000uk Apr 2, 2016 11:57 pm

If it's a question of funding, I'd genuinely be willing to put money into an Android version of the App.

PM me if you'd like to discuss.

Best,

M

EDIflyer Apr 3, 2016 12:40 am

Originally Posted by BoeBus (Post 26427889)
I build apps and work with sql, php and more, daily, so happy to help out with this too.

If we can have a chat I'm sure I can put together an Android & Windows version relatively easily - PM me for details

That'd be amazing! The website has been a great step forward but would love if an Android app could be created ^ :)

angeloedades Apr 3, 2016 3:42 am

We just need a scrum master now to kick start the Android development :D

BoeBus ever used xamarin?

/AE

LBP2 Apr 3, 2016 4:44 am

Brilliant app - just loaded all my upcoming flights... Can't believe it's a free one!!

henkybaby Apr 3, 2016 4:50 am

I can't believe what a great crowd sourcing platform FT is. I cannot program my way out of a paper bag, but I have a (very busy) team of PHP developers I may try to ask for a favour if needed.

I know a few SCRUM gurus as well but they normally don't have spare time. :)

chris1979 Apr 3, 2016 7:04 am

Originally Posted by BoeBus (Post 26427889)

I hope you are not forgetting about my exclusivity rights ("you'll be the first to use it") my friend! ;)

safe travels back from HNL!

BoeBus Apr 3, 2016 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by angeloedades (Post 26428456)
We just need a scrum master now to kick start the Android development :D

BoeBus ever used xamarin?

/AE

I've used it, but Cordova's faster to work with for me

Originally Posted by chris1979 (Post 26428860)
I hope you are not forgetting about my exclusivity rights ("you'll be the first to use it") my friend! ;)

safe travels back from HNL!

Haha! That other project is done, I just never built a UI for it due to time constraints. I also thought that from a cost perspective it wouldn't work out without a subscription model so parked it for a bit. You are still on the VIP list ;)

Jase76 Apr 7, 2016 12:32 am

Anyone had issues with BA bookings that are all other carriers (no BA flights, either operated or marketed)? I have two such bookings one is all AA and the other all LA. MyFlights has alerted me that these have been cancelled. When I check on BA.com, all is fine.

schofs Apr 7, 2016 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Jase76 (Post 26449221)
Anyone had issues with BA bookings that are all other carriers (no BA flights, either operated or marketed)? I have two such bookings one is all AA and the other all LA. MyFlights has alerted me that these have been cancelled. When I check on BA.com, all is fine.

Can you send me an example to support at myflightsapp.com? Also what does checkmytrip say about the booking?