FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1684072-question-about-my-flights-app-service-ends-31-dec-2017-a.html)

MyFlights App Jun 3, 2018 9:55 am

Originally Posted by mrvincent (Post 29813289)
Can I just say how much I miss My Flights. This week I've had a seat change and a flight cancellation that would have been so much easier to deal with if it were still around (my flights are booked through my CTA, so I don't even have the choice to go through anyone else).

Everything else on the market sucks (even the one my employer owns).

I miss it too! If your CTA is interested in MyFlights Travel Agent that could be an alternative though :)
MyFlights Travel Agent | Deliver the ultimate travel agent experience

rjn21 Jun 3, 2018 10:24 am

Originally Posted by MyFlights App (Post 29823644)
...If your CTA is interested in MyFlights Travel Agent that could be an alternative...

Please Propeller. Please? Hopefully Daniel K is considering it. As I said before, if Propeller were to sign up they would get all my bookings, be they BA or non BA, cash or GUF. I currently only use them for BA GUF.

Frequent flyer 101 Jun 3, 2018 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by rjn21 (Post 29823728)

Please Propeller. Please? Hopefully Daniel K is considering it. As I said before, if Propeller were to sign up they would get all my bookings, be they BA or non BA, cash or GUF. I currently only use them for BA GUF.

Yeah having his technology would definitely be a good reason to use a specific TA.

Oaxaca Jun 26, 2018 3:57 am

I really miss MyFlights, as I was reminded when checking in for a flight to find that the E90 had been changed to an E70, scuppering my lovely 2D seat assignment...

The only upside was that it did prompt me to log in and download my flight data, just a reminder to others (who are as tardy as me) that you should do this before 30 June 2018.

Any advice on my best alternative, particularly for changes to schedule, seat and/or equipment? I have an EF premium subscription, but entering the details for equipment and schedule changes is tedious across so many flights. Will Tripit Pro give alerts reliably for these changes? I currently just use the free version, mainly to keep a list of my upcoming flights in one place. Any recommendations or other suggestions gratefully considered. BA is my most frequent carrier, but also fly a bunch of others including LCCs (a fair amount of U2).

percysmith Jun 26, 2018 4:11 am

Originally Posted by Oaxaca (Post 29907395)
Any advice on my best alternative, particularly for changes to schedule, seat and/or equipment? I have an EF premium subscription, but entering the details for equipment and schedule changes is tedious across so many flights.

Yes it's a pain for me too.
But with my ticketing patterns (a lot of CX/KA)
The only at-risk swap is a long-haul equipment for a short-haul flight at ticketing being swapped to regional. They're a relatively small subset of what I redeem/ticket.
I isolate all of those sectors and set up EF waitlists against them.

Will Tripit Pro give alerts reliably for these changes?

I thought not but happy to be proven wrong.

but also fly a bunch of others including LCCs (a fair amount of U2).

Can U2 be captured in Myflights? Are they Amadeus or?

Oaxaca Jun 26, 2018 4:27 am

Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 29907423)

Can U2 be captured in Myflights? Are they Amadeus or?

They could be captured as passive records, but did not get change alerts. Would be a bonus to get alerts for them too, but having at least BA would be a start.