Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can you cancel and rebook, and is it cheaper to do so than change flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you cancel and rebook, and is it cheaper to do so than change flights?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2015, 5:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
It does pay to check the local fare rules. Prior to 2014, Russian law required tickets to be fully refundable, though airlines could charge service fees. I once booked a MOW-LHR return on BA, which I subsequently needed to change prior to commencing travel. When I went to make the change, the price for the new itinerary was less than the original fare paid less the administration fee (the administration fee was the same as the change fee). I thus could either keep my original fare and pay the change fee, or cancel (paying the administration fee) and rebook, still for a net savings. Needless to say, I chose the latter option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.