Search

Change flight in Partner award booking

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Change flight in Partner award booking

I know that there was a thread about it, but after close to 30 minutes search I cannot find the information.

I booked an award on CX before April 28. I now wish to change the date.
Has it been confirmed that the new avios rates will apply or can I still change the date without penalty (except change fee)?

Apologies for my search inefficiency
Old May 18, 2015, 3:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
According to the faqs on ba.com you should be able to make changes whilst remianing under the old avios pricing.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...b-changes/faqs

Will I continue to be able to change the dates of existing reward flights?

Yes. You will be able to make changes to reward flight bookings made prior to 28 April under the rules at the time of booking. This means, for example, that you will not have to use more Avios towards your booking if you need to change it after this date where under the new rules you would be required to use more Avios to make the same booking. This also means that you will not be refunded any difference in Avios if you make a change to your existing booking which would require you to use less Avios under the new rules.

You will be unable to change the date and time of the following types of bookings online but you can call your local Service Centre to make the changes instead:

- reward flight bookings made using any type of voucher, such as a Companion Voucher or Travel Together Ticket
- reward flight bookings containing a connecting flight
- any booking that has been upgraded using Avios
Old May 18, 2015, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Thanks. I remember reading some posts that this applied to bookings on BA/AA/IB but not other partners like CX. My memory must fail me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.