Search

BAH-DOH turnaround

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat
BAH-DOH turnaround

Hi BA peeps,

Has anyone tried to do a BAH-DOH-BAH turnaround? I tried booking a ticket to return immediately after the first segment but the BA website won't allow it as it fails to meet a 120 minute MCT (it's under by 10 minutes). Two questions:
1) Is there a way to override the 120minute minimum? Maybe through a TA?
2) Would I be able to just de-board and then board the plane again at DOH? Do I need to clear immigration or is it like Changi where arrivals/departures mix?

I need to make this trip to meet my 4 qualifying sectors on BA...
Old May 6, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Two one ways, though that may bump up the price.

Alternatively, you could look for two mixed class returns with a throwaway Y segment.
Old May 6, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: BAEC HHonours SPG EK Skywards QFF VS flying club
You could always mix it up with QR if seeking TPs
Old May 7, 2015, 11:19 pm

Programs: Qatar Platinum, Etihad Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
BAH-DOH turnaround

I didn't book the BAH-DOH-BAH as a single ticket but I did end up having two one-way tickets as they turned cheaper when booking within the week of travel. I also noticed that WTP is cheaper that WT!!

I did it with a night stay over in DOH but I guess you can try to do it just back to back traveling with carry on at your own risk, which I don't imagine to be high. You can check in for the return flight while you are in BAH and a head straight to the gate upon arrival at DOH. I'm not sure however if it's compulsory to show up at the check in counter or have your e-boarding pass scanned at various points (there is one scan station before security).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.