Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Definition of night flight ?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2015, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Something I was wondering for some time now and didn't find a satisfying answer on google.

- If I'm flying from LHR to the US, which timezone determines whether it's day or night on the plane ?
- How can I determine if my flight is going to be an night flight, and therefore has limited service (on a recent flight from JFK to LHR they called it sleeper service in CW) ? Does such a thing also apply to F ?
Old May 3, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

Sleeper services are these:

It is a CW only thing. It doesn't apply to F.
Old May 3, 2015, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

All UK to US flights are full service flights leaving LHR. ( there is no club sleeper service on LHR/LGW flights to the US)

The sleeper service only applies to Club world ( not first class)

Regards

TBS
Old May 3, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I would slightly rephrase the part about "no sleeper service in F". It is more the case that in F, you only get sleeper service in a good way, ie you do get pre-flight dining before the flight if you so wish (which is an advantage, especially as it is usually proper sit down quality dining) but you still get full service onboard. The only exceptions are flights ex-JFK and IAD which get all day dining in the CCR.
Old May 3, 2015, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by orbitmic
The only exceptions are flights ex-JFK and IAD which get all day dining in the CCR.
IAD is the Concorde Dining Room, rather than Concorde Room
Old May 3, 2015, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Insider7
Something I was wondering for some time now and didn't find a satisfying answer on google.

- If I'm flying from LHR to the US, which timezone determines whether it's day or night on the plane ?
- How can I determine if my flight is going to be an night flight, and therefore has limited service (on a recent flight from JFK to LHR they called it sleeper service in CW) ? Does such a thing also apply to F ?
A night flight is a flight that takes place between half an hour after sunset and half an hour before sunrise.This is applicable to where you are in the world.

Air Navigation regs for pilots to log night flying hours.
Old May 3, 2015, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by rapidex
A night flight is a flight that takes place between half an hour after sunset and half an hour before sunrise.This is applicable to where you are in the world.

Air Navigation regs for pilots to log night flying hours.
But that is different to the service elements on a flight which is what the OP was asking about.

A flight might be a night flight for the pilots but not for passengers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.