Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Phone Fault (Fixed)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:01 am
Original Poster

First Phone Fault (Fixed)

I was travelling with my girlfriend on BA178 (JFK-LHR) a couple of weeks ago in 2A/K when shortly before landing (35mins) she managed to knock her phone off the side table and down between the cabin wall and the seat. It ended up behind the little grate in the footwell.

Fortunately the cabin crew managed to rescue it using some cutlery from the galley. They seemed pretty adept at it - is it a common occurrence?

As an aside the crew were excellent anyway - provided me with plenty of tokaji!
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:09 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
F seats eat mobile phones (I don't think this is a uniquely BA thing), though I've usually seen them end up behind the seat after messing around with the recliner. F crew have always been able to get them back the times that I've seen it happen - the one time I did I managed to get it myself
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:11 am

I've seen a flight attendant once remove a phone using some blu-tack from her handbag. Looked like she was prepared.

Wonder if someone would be creative enough to use chewing gum?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
We once lost a phone down the side of 4F on a 747. The cabin crew could see it, but couldn't reach it. So we had to stay behind after arrival until some engineers could come on board to dismantle the seat and retrieve it.

The cabin crew and the CSD all stayed with us, too, until it was sorted out. ^

F seats are apparently much kinder to phones. CW seats tend to eat them when they're moved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.