Wiki Posts
Search

Strange error while trying to change seats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Strange error while trying to change seats

I have a booking with Mrs BF and our child who is booked as an infant under 2 years old. I have tried to change our seats and the following error appears:-

"We're sorry, but for safety reasons infants cannot be seated together. Please choose seats in separate rows or across the aisle from each other. Please note that seats which are shown as occupied may already have infants seated in them."

We don't have two infants in our booking (although Mrs BF says I act like one from time to time!) so why would this error occur?

I guess I'll have to ring up to change seats?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Not all seats have extra O2 masks above them.

It may be that the IT system works on the basis that if pax > no. of O2 masks you get that error message....
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I understand that depending on the plane type that people travelling with lap children are restricted to certain seats where there is a 3rd oxygen mask available so that could be something to do with it
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Thanks, that makes sense as some seats simply disappear when I go to change seats for me (I have the infant assigned to me) but not for Mrs BF.

Surely the error message should say something nearer to the truth, it's a fairly understandable reason after all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.