Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: Aspire (Priority Pass) lounge to open in LHR T5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed: Aspire (Priority Pass) lounge to open in LHR T5

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2015, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Will this new lounge grant access to One World status members or will they tell them to go to the BA lounges? (just want to check out the new lounge)
Old May 10, 2015, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I suspect it will be a pay for entry lounge ( and will take Priority Pass)

Regards

TBS
Old May 24, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: KLM Plat, BA Bronze
Just about to lose my silver card. Should hopefully hit it again in the next 6 months or so. But I've just picked up PP through my bank, so this will be a bridge and may even get me a shower faster.

Aspire lounge for a shower, then back to BA for snacks and wine(depend in who has the best choice).
Old May 24, 2015, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Wayland
Hassle, what hassle? Personally I'm extremely happy with NatWest Black - as well as the priority pass cards, there's global travel insurance for the family. The other insurance and home emergency cover features have also proved immensely valuable with prompt response when called.
Don't you have a private banking manager? They provide regular hassle to us. They want your cash! Sounds like you have black not private banking
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: BA silver
New T5 lounge

Sorry- I can't use search on the kindle fire. Is there any news on when the new lounge is opening? We fly out on July 4th so perhaps I am being over optimistic!
Old Jun 13, 2015, 1:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I haven't been given a date. Personally I think you won't be in luck this time, it seems some way off completion to me and they can only work on it for a few hours a day - but as I say I have no inside information.

What you could do is Twitter Aspire @airportlounges since they seem to have a very active Social Media team. And then perhaps let us know?!

The main thread is here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-open-t5.html
Old Jun 13, 2015, 3:03 am

Programs: BA silver
Thanks. I know they said they would open in July but we are too early. Only get back into BA lounges after that flight.
I registered on Twitter years ago and then couldn't work out what to do or what the point was so wouldn't even know my details now
Old Jun 13, 2015, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Where will it be located??
Old Jun 13, 2015, 4:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Near A18. I thought that the hoardings already up near there are for the new lounge work?
Old Jun 13, 2015, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I thought it would be around gate 18 if I recall correctly

Regards
Tbs
Old Jun 13, 2015, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by KARFA
Near A18. I thought that the hoardings already up near there are for the new lounge work?
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I thought it would be around gate 18 if I recall correctly

Regards
Tbs

Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2015, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Yes, the new lounge will be below the Galleries First terrace. There used to be a nice little cafe in the space.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:19 pm

Given that it won't be a very large space, and judging by how busy the various PP lounges in London are, I think this lounge will get pretty full quite quickly.

Look forward to seeing what it's like though when it opens.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Given that it won't be a very large space
I wonder whether it will extend down along the glass face of T5, behind the shops. There would be enough space for groups of 4 seats all the way down which would make for quite a nice seating area within the lounge.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Will this new lounge grant access to One World status members or will they tell them to go to the BA lounges? (just want to check out the new lounge)
It should as long as you are eligible to enter (whether by payment/PP.)
They do not verify whether you can access another lounge.
(I have personal experience of this as I have used PP to enter the dnata lounge in SIN flying out on QR J-it was easier to get my PP card out of my wallet than take out my PP and boarding pass.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.