Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30+ people offloaded from LAX-LHR flight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 110pgl
Why would BA pay at the EC261 rate? It was AA's fault they misconnected.
Your point?

The post I replied to stated "My goodness! That's rather stingy meal allowances provided by AA"

There is a lot less protection in the US vs what BA is obligated to do. If AA can get away with paying less, not surprised it does
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

You need to familiarise yourself with the legislation. The obligation to pay compensation and the obligation to cover necessary care expenses during the delay are completely different from one another. It does not need to be BA's fault to pay for food, a phone call, hotels, and so on.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Your point?

The post I replied to stated "My goodness! That's rather stingy meal allowances provided by AA"

There is a lot less protection in the US vs what BA is obligated to do. If AA can get away with paying less, not surprised it does
You replied..."BA has to comply with EC261 however"

I was asking why BA would need to comply with EC261. If BA contributes anything (via a joint agreement), I would think EC261 would not apply because the delay was with AA.

It really is a question, not an accusation... why would BA be obligated to do anything (outside a private joint agreement)?
Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You replied..."BA has to comply with EC261 however"

I was asking why BA would need to comply with EC261. If BA contributes anything (via a joint agreement), I would think EC261 would not apply because the delay was with AA.

It really is a question, not an accusation... why would BA be obligated to do anything (outside a private joint agreement)?
Just read the post I was replying to and it should be clear that the poster was commenting on the level of the AA allowance and what BA would provide in an equivalent situation

Where BA is liable in the US, EC261 will apply
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:40 pm

Just read the post I was replying to and it should be clear that the poster was commenting on the level of the AA allowance and what BA would provide in an equivalent situation

Where BA is liable in the US, EC261 will apply
Okay... Not relevant here, but, okay.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
BA has to comply with EC261 however
As the feeder flight was not touching the EU and was operated by a non-community carrier, AA is definitely not affected by EC 261. And for those who missed the connection, BA may also not be - after all they did not deny those people boarding. If they provide some meal and hotel vouchers, it will be very hard to get additional compensation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.