Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore lounge refurb

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Singapore lounge refurb

Apologies if I've missed it but BA announce today....

The British Airways lounge in Singapore will be closed for refurbishment from today, 10 April, until late summer 2015.

During the closure period, all lounge eligible customers will be invited to enjoy the facilities of the Qantas lounge which is located in close proximity to the British Airways lounge on level 3.

Details of the new Singapore lounge will be revealed when the lounge is reopened later this year.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Thanks. I am due to visit Singapore for the first time soon, though judging from some comments I have seen on here, I think I would have visited the Qantas lounge anyway!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
It will be interesting to see what is planned for the lounge.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:55 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by pennineuk
It will be interesting to see what is planned for the lounge.
Visually / furniture wise it's going to look very similar to the new AMS lounge. It's the same design team working on that and the DXB lounge refit. You can see some of the design team in the March edition of The Club, lounging in their lounge.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
It would be good if the catering is improved as well as the lounge facilities.

Too much to expect any special provision for F passengers let alone GCHs?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Qantas lounge is much better anyways, just go straight there and ignore the BA one. Hopefully the refurb will make a lot of improvements.

I've had a better overall experience in SIN now I've started using SQ on my LHR-SIN trips - since the last wave of exec club 'enhancements' I decided to move my monthly trip away from BA metal towards a better onboard product with better food, cleaner planes, no stepping over people to go to the loo, modern IFE, etc, etc, etc. That's a recurring 70k+ GBP of revenue gone from 1 pax on 1 route alone.

The SQ lounge is ok, no CCR but way better than BA's SIN lounge; but you're generally only in there for an hour or so. The experience for the next 12 hours to LHR is a world of difference. And cheaper too, I find.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by bullroot
The SQ lounge is ok, no CCR but way better than BA's SIN lounge; but you're generally only in there for an hour or so. The experience for the next 12 hours to LHR is a world of difference. And cheaper too, I find.
Interesting, I'm on SQ for AMS-SIN-PER tomorrow, first time I've flown SQ in about eight years, so it is encouraging to hear that. ^
Old Apr 10, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Visually / furniture wise it's going to look very similar to the new AMS lounge. It's the same design team working on that and the DXB lounge refit. You can see some of the design team in the March edition of The Club, lounging in their lounge.
Do you know when DXB is expected to open? I recall that it was the next one after AMS but haven't heard anything ever since.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Having visited new new AMS myself, it's ok, but nothing fabulous. If this is the concept that won the final pitch last year, get ready for some major downgrades.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The current 'British Airways Lounge' concept has been used at the GLA, EDI, BHD, IAD, CPT and AMS lounges. DXB and SIN will use the same style, which can be adapted to suit the individual lounge setting and has varying levels of 'look'. BHD, for example, is very much at the basic end of the new lounge concept, whereas IAD and CPT are at the high end. AMS and EDI are somewhere in the middle, and GLA is a bit unique.

I suspect SIN will be on a par with IAD/CPT, as will the DXB lounge.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bullroot
Qantas lounge is much better anyways, just go straight there and ignore the BA one. Hopefully the refurb will make a lot of improvements.

I've had a better overall experience in SIN now I've started using SQ on my LHR-SIN trips - since the last wave of exec club 'enhancements' I decided to move my monthly trip away from BA metal towards a better onboard product with better food, cleaner planes, no stepping over people to go to the loo, modern IFE, etc, etc, etc. That's a recurring 70k+ GBP of revenue gone from 1 pax on 1 route alone.

I agree with you that SQ is the better product, long haul as you say, but short haul it's even further worlds apart.
I have been flying a lot of SQ short haul Y recently, yesterday I flew BA CE for the first time in ages. Wow, I think even SQ Y is way better than BA CE.

SQ also usually has great redemption availability between SIN and LON, especially in F.

However, that all said, OW lounges (incl BA) are from my experience overall much better than *A (incl SQ). I have recently achieved *A Gold and had taken a few international *A flights in J (SQ, UA, NH..) and the lounges have been pretty poor.. So, I am just saying, grass isn't always greener in all aspects...
Old Apr 11, 2015, 2:12 am

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Originally Posted by Stez
Interesting, I'm on SQ for AMS-SIN-PER tomorrow, first time I've flown SQ in about eight years, so it is encouraging to hear that. ^
Enjoy, and safe travels. I've only flown SQ on a 380, not sure what their older 777's are like inside. Hopefully your route uses the 380.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by silvergirl
I agree with you that SQ is the better product, long haul as you say, but short haul it's even further worlds apart.
I have been flying a lot of SQ short haul Y recently, yesterday I flew BA CE for the first time in ages. Wow, I think even SQ Y is way better than BA CE.

SQ also usually has great redemption availability between SIN and LON, especially in F.

However, that all said, OW lounges (incl BA) are from my experience overall much better than *A (incl SQ). I have recently achieved *A Gold and had taken a few international *A flights in J (SQ, UA, NH..) and the lounges have been pretty poor.. So, I am just saying, grass isn't always greener in all aspects...
Agree the *A lounges are generally poorer than the OW ones. However, I was in LHR Galleries North yesterday for first time in a few years and it was on a par with an outstation. Rammed with people, very limited food, slow wifi, no ice, and generally chaotic. I left and went to wagamama for some peace and quiet. Made me thankful for how much better GF and CCR are. Hopefully GC isn't like that all the time!
Old Apr 11, 2015, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
The current 'British Airways Lounge' concept has been used at the GLA, EDI, BHD, IAD, CPT and AMS lounges. DXB and SIN will use the same style, which can be adapted to suit the individual lounge setting and has varying levels of 'look'. BHD, for example, is very much at the basic end of the new lounge concept, whereas IAD and CPT are at the high end. AMS and EDI are somewhere in the middle, and GLA is a bit unique.

I suspect SIN will be on a par with IAD/CPT, as will the DXB lounge.
Out of the above list, have only been in BHD recently. It's a really nice lounge. Good to hear there is a higher end version and it is being rolled out.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
It will need to be a VAST improvement to drag me from the QF lounge. The food offerings at the BA SIN lounge were appalling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.