Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Reading my transactions after an account merge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I have just discovered Flyertalk, and I couldn't find any previous mention of this.

I inadvertently had two Executive Club accounts, and I got an email saying these were merged. I logged into my active account, as the email said, and couldn't make any sense of my transaction history. I replied to the email to ask for help, and this is the response I got:

Thank you for contacting us about the recent transactions and adjustments on your Executive Club account.

We know ba.com is very important to our Members – it is a very convenient way of finding information, booking tickets and managing your account. We always try to make sure the information available is clear and up-to-date. As a result of feedback from our customers, we are continually making improvements to ba.com, so your comments are important to us.

When we merge accounts, all individual transactions from your duplicate account will show on your active account. This may include any flights, hotel stays, car rentals, purchases with any of our partners, as well as other transactions.

So you can see how many Avios and Tier Points you had on your duplicate account, a summary total of Avios and points are added to your active account. As we have already transferred the individual transactions, the balance adjustments will show the total Avios being added and removed.

I have checked your account and your current balance is correct and you are not missing any Avios from your duplicate account.

Thank you again for getting in touch and giving me the opportunity to respond to your concerns.
I hope you find this helpful and that you fly with us again in the not too distant future.
But, that doesn't seem to make sense, since I am not asking about the balance on my old account in the first place. Does anyone know what to make of this response?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Are you actually missing some avios or TPs after the merger?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
What is making the transactions difficult to read? Are they not in chronological order, with the most recent at the top? (which is as it should be)
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by KARFA
Are you actually missing some avios or TPs after the merger?
I don't know. There are a lot of plus and minus figures saying "Ex-Gratia - Manual Avios Adjustment" and also some plus and minus figures saying "Balance Adjustment" which don't all cancel out, but that could be because I can only see the last 20 entries, and there doesn't seem to be a way to just pick "Ex-Gratia - Manual Avios Adjustment" or "Balance Adjustment" the way I can for other Transaction types.

It's really hard to check each transaction type, because they only go back 20 entries as well, and my credit card has so many entries that just the last 20 does me no good at all.

Similarly, the entries for reward flights, which don't even get any awards, are swamping out the entries for the flights I am interested in when I pick just flights to look at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.