Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can partner airlines credit "ex-gratia" to BAEC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

So I booked on TAM GRU-MEX in J through the BA website using Avios for me and two others in my family. IFE wouldn't work and after 5 restarts they gave up. (Looked identical to BA's old fault-prone system).
TAM tried to tell me to complain to BA but that must be nonsense. I've sent TAM a complaint but can partner airlines in fact credit Avios to BAEC for compensation or will I end up with a useless MCO as I'm not heading back to Brazil any time soon?
Oh, and when I asked for ice cream I got a pot of fully melted vanilla Haagen Daaz! The only good point was the beef - but that's not exactly hard to achieve x-GRU...
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
No, in my experience, other airlines don't/cannot ex-gratia to another airline's programme. You're likely to be offered points in their own programme or an MCO for future travel (possibly valid on oneworld). I would expect that you're more likely to receive a generic apology then any cash compensation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.