Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrivals lounge DXB

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Only certain customers in First and CW are offered this service, not sure what the qualification is.
Seems dependant on loads potentially?

I've had this arrival service as a Gold in CW (+wife and child, both bronze) with a half full CW cabin.

Flip being on a full CW cabin (again Gold and this time solo) when no such arrivals service was offered.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Originally Posted by cosmo74
The queues in immigration were long and there was no sign of a fasttrack lane
They do have Fast track but I've just never seen it open

Only certain customers in First and CW are offered this service, not sure what the qualification is.
I always thought it was for Gold/GGLs but not 100% sure
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I had about 3 customers in First and two families in CW offered this service, there were about 30 GCHs there were not.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
I often land in DXB in the early morning. I just go straight to the hotel and they can usually get a room ready for us before noon. This time round we waited in the Club Lounge of the hotel itself whilst our room was prepared. We were in the room at 10.30am, after a nice breakfast in the hotel's Club Lounge.

Most hotels in Dubai are very accommodating. I've only ever had one that tried to charge me an extra night's stay for an early check-in.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Every customer in First was offered this on my flight, although it did seem to be a new thing.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: BAEC HHonours SPG EK Skywards QFF VS flying club
Thumbs up to BA for organising this, now they just need to get Marhaba to be a bit more efficient, and the whole arrivals process would be perfect. Next step will be arranging similar on departure, as the security and passport control is a nightmare with no sign of fasttrack.
I am rolling on the floor, probably the funniest post of the year. ^
Old Apr 8, 2015, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Every customer in First was offered this on my flight, although it did seem to be a new thing.
I have had the Marhaba service every time I've flown to DXB in CW or F on BA without fault. I'm not sure I know whether it's a status or cabin benefit, but it's a great perk.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gfl, GGL
I seemed to get in randomly when Gold but all the time as GGL.

It's useful if you're not a resident as the queues at immigration can sometimes be pretty spectacular.

Marhaba................efficiency................. ....hmmmmmm

To be fair to them they are very friendly and get the job done.

If you are in a hurry then let them know and they will often let you tag along with another 'greeter' whose group of pax is ready to depart.

Deffo no arrival lounge, or not one I've been offered in four years of regular travel.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:18 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
I've always had Marhaba booked for me (separately) prior to arrival in DXB on BA. Have not booked for my next flight there in a few weeks, so will be interested to see if I get it as a GGL in CW.

My experience has generally been that Marhaba is a more valuable service on departure than arrival, as they expedite both passport control and security, plus the bonus of a buggy for the trek up and down the terminal to and from the lounge (though I could easily walk it). They saved me from missing a flight once after a particularly painful journey along Sheikh Zayed road, so I am appreciative of the service. I wouldn't pay for it on arrival anymore, though I might change my mind if immigration is rammed next time I arrive...
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:29 am

Hi. There is no arrival lounge in Dubai. I checked with everyone. Emirates clearly has none. One of their employees suggested to go through security to the departure area and use the departure lounge and then exit to Dubai by going through immigration and security. I didnt try it. It is also a question mark if they would allow you into the lounge with no departing boarding pass and just your arrival boarding pass.
at the chauffeur pick up area next to the desks and after you exit immigration and and security, there is a waiting lounge before your car arrives. I guess one can hang out there for a short while. But no good or drinks or showers. Just water bottles.

Ahlan has a lounge and if you have the priority pass you could access it. It is in the immigration hall in the back, when you arrive with elevators or escalators, dont head to immigration, turn back as it is behind you. Unfortunately it was closed and there was no one inside. I guess it is more of a holding lounge for passengers to be taken through immigration. I took a picture of it. I was told usually there are people there and it is accessible. No idea if there is good and drinks or showers.

Marhaba has no lounge on arrival.

i hope this is useful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.