Wiki Posts
Search

What happens to retired BA seats?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
What happens to retired BA seats?

Just wondering, what will happen to the old SH seats, of which there must now be thousands, will they be sold off like Lufthansa?
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Just wondering, what will happen to the old SH seats, of which there must now be thousands, will they be sold off like Lufthansa?
I am sure that FTers will be flocking to buy them if offered with a free 34" ruler.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
I remember seeing a bunch of converter seats on eBay a few years ago - someone flagged it up on FT I think.

I regret not buying a row (or two?) then, would make for great living room furniture
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by csutter
I regret not buying a row (or two?) then, would make for great living room furniture
I'd love to do that and then replicate the BA in-flight experience team by later facing as close as possible to my living room wall.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Paralytic
I'd love to do that and then replicate the BA in-flight experience team by later facing as close as possible to my living room wall.
or directly opposite the toilet
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Why would you want them....
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:50 pm

Hi all,

Having made some enquiries before I saw this thread...

BA seem to have a contract with a mysterious third party who take all of the stuff away never to be seen again. Presumably it is recycled. I am working on finding out where it goes out of interest.

Incidentally, does anyone fancy any of the pictures that used to be on the front bulkheads? They are (or at least were when I last went) in the staff shop if you do, for those of you that know people who work in waterside. There is certainly a big box in the hangar full of them with 'picture frames - please keep' written on the side.

A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.