Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

There must be a better way for BA to handle aircraft changes (longhaul seating)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

I had a 37A window/exit (reserved due to my emerald status) and they kept the same seat number except it became non –exit almost back row (out of 40 I think).

I realise aircrafts change but don’t they have a better system for handling it? Just keeping my same seat number is well, plain lazy. I understand they have to move a lot of people around, keep families together. A few exit seats disappear and now they have to allocated all those that reserved. I am sure there are algorithms that handle that (with a little manual intervention). So move those that rightly so had good seats to one as close as possible to be of same level.

I would have like a new exit seat or at least to sit much forward.
BTW who has priority an Emerald/GCH who reserved for free or someone who paid for it, when a few exit seats disappear?

As a side note I had a very rude experience with the GA, I asked about other seats available explaining I was moved out of an exit seat and if something better than 37A exists (and pretty sure I did it, reasonably politely, that is subjective of course) her answer was I don’t have to fly if I don’t want to…

I passed the flight with my true and tried system. Get on smiling and get off smiling. Nothing in air travel will ever get to me.
Old May 13, 2015, 5:45 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Consider yourself lucky - I've just been handed 8E on a full A319 after a late aircraft change... Only LHR-GLA, but I absolutely detest middle seats

(My seat row ceased to exist, and presumably others in my position just got moved to whatever free seats there were...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.