Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earliest baggage drop in ATL ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Earliest baggage drop in ATL ?

I searched the BA web pages for this but could not find the information : for BA226, departing at 9:55PM from ATL, what is the earliest possible time for baggage drop ? (assuming that check in has been done online).

Is it when airport check-in opens, ie 4:30 before the flight ?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Flying back the other week I was connecting and had very long layover. Desks were meant to open at 5.30 but had to wait about 20 minutes longer for staff.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Thanks for the response, I am in a similar situation.

Do you have a suggestion for a place to be (landside) for about ~5 hours at the Atlanta airport ? Having bulky luggage items I am not to keen on commuting to the city.

Last edited by albireo; Mar 18, 2015 at 4:02 pm
Old Mar 18, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by albireo
Thanks for the response, I am in a similar situation.

Do you have a suggestion for a place to be (landside) for about ~5 hours at the Atlanta airport ? Having bulky luggage items I am not to keen on commuting to the city.
You will arrive in Domestic terminal south. There is a fair few dining outlets there in the atrium. The Atlanta chophouse is decent for an airport if you wanted a sit down meal. Plenty of coffee and fast food outlets. You will then need to exit the south terminal and head to ground transport where the international terminal connector is located ( when you come out the door, its ahead of you and to the left.) Not much at the international terminal before security, a decent french cafe but thats about it. BA check in all the way on the left hand side as you enter the terminal at the far end. Not sure if you have been to the lounge in ATL, but its a contract lounge called "The Club". Nothing special but good bar and small snacks. Nothing to substantial. Would recommend maybe eating in terminal, try "One Flew South" in terminal E. Great airport food. Not to much going on around ATL to be honest. hope this helps and apologies If you knew most of this already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.