Search

First Lounge and Guests

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:56 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom
Original Poster

First Lounge and Guests

We are flying back with friends this summer (CDG > LHR > IAD) and three of us are on F tickets while four are on economy tickets.

My son, wife and I are in F and two adults with two young children are in economy.

I understand that each F passenger can invite one guest, but this case there would be four guests, two of whom are children.

Will we be able to get them all in?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

One guest only unless one of the children is under 2 at the time of travelling.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...uidelines.html

If the child is older than that then you could post a request for access for another passenger on this thread though and see what happens.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...thread-16.html
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:07 am
DSI
Original Poster

Cool, thanks

I never knew about the lounge access request. Is there a way to reach out to BA and make the request?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
I never knew about the lounge access request. Is there a way to reach out to BA and make the request?
No you don't have to contact BA at all, it's a BA FT thingy created by the very well know Stez and a small number of folks who update it. Just go into the Lounge Thread, post a REQUEST in the format given in the Wiki or just post the details you require as a normal post and I will add it to the Wiki list.

Good luck!

Pete
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
You're not asking BA. You'll be asking people you don't know who are at the airport at the same time to guest the extra person in using the linked thread.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
If you are travelling in First, you and one guest can use the Concorde Room at LHR (as well as the Galleries First lounge and Galleries Club lounges). Important to know when seeing whether other (extra guest) passengers can be guested into the lounge here on FT.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:13 am
DSI
Original Poster

Are exceptions to the max of one guest rule ever made for children? Three of us have F tickets and 4 don't, two of whom are children.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Are exceptions to the max of one guest rule ever made for children? Three of us have F tickets and 4 don't, two of whom are children.
Unless one of the children is an infant, then they are usually quite strict. We have seen occasional stories of discretion shown but you shouldn't expect it as these are very much the exception rather than the rule.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
How old are the children? You only mention 'young'.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:30 am

The problem with that is that someone else will not have any kids, but will have their dear old mum/dad/aunt/grannie in tow and will also want an exception to rule.

As others have said, you could ask at the entrance of the GF lounge and may get lucky. I wouldn't attempt it at the CCR though as I think your chances are even slimmer there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.