Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge at YUL (Montreal)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Lounge at YUL (Montreal)

Any advice or comments on the lounge at Montreal (YUL) ? Worth getting there early for ? Any comments appreciated ....
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Most definetely not... assume you're flying BA... Failry avergafe lounge with some snacks/sandwiches out, and a normal assortment of drinks... No pre-flight dining etc, like they have at Toronto...
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:58 am

Programs: ACSE*2MM,CX Diamond, BA Gold, OW Emerald,Fairmont Platinum, SPG Platnium Lifetime,
Originally Posted by LCYBOY
Any advice or comments on the lounge at Montreal (YUL) ? Worth getting there early for ? Any comments appreciated ....
Here is a link to the lounge that BA and QR use in Montreal. It is not a bad lounge and is not over crowded as most lounges seem to be these days.
Here is a link for you to see in advance.

http://www.executivelounges.com/loun...airport-lounge
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:02 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Have been there in December.

The World Mastercard Lounge (http://www.executivelounges.com/loun...airport-lounge) is a medium sized lounge with armchairs in the front and on the rear left part while tables and chairs as well as working cubicles are at the rear right part.

Food was a selection of wraps, sandwiches salads and a soup in addition to pretzels and chips. Nothing really outstanding, but better as every AA Club and also of not-bad quality. Restocked frequently.

Beverages were wine and spirits.

Standard magazines and papers are available, but mostly US and CDN, not so many international papers.

Lounge could be busy, as it is also used by a number or other airlines which depart at this time of the day and a Priority Pass Lounge. It was quite busy as I have been there, but at no time it was overcrowded.

Lavatories are small compared to the size of the lounge (small not in terms of size but available facilites ... )

To sum it up, it is okay and a good place to wait there, but no reason to add extra time at the airport. As a sidenote, there is no fasttrack at YUL for premium passengers and / or Oneworld elites at YUL
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:26 am

Is this new? When I flew out of YUL last year I don't recall the lounge being as nice as these photos. It was a small holding room with lackluster food and drink and no seat was more than about 50ft from the loud refrigerators.

Did I go to the wrong lounge or has BA changed which lounge they use? Or is this a new lounge that didn't exist a year ago?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The lounge has been used by BA since at least 2012 when I was last in YUL:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-airlines.html
Old Jul 1, 2015, 5:59 pm

Update 1st July 2015

I fly regular from Montreal with BA and came to the lounge only to find notices up where the drinks used to be saying that due to increase in overheads they don't supply any alcoholic drinks of any kind. I found this very disappointing as when you pay in excess of £4k return trip a couple of glasses of wine surely won't break the bank. I know it's a shared lounge with MasterCard but it's not a good advert for the airline.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Summers46
I fly regular from Montreal with BA and came to the lounge only to find notices up where the drinks used to be saying that due to increase in overheads they don't supply any alcoholic drinks of any kind. I found this very disappointing as when you pay in excess of £4k return trip a couple of glasses of wine surely won't break the bank. I know it's a shared lounge with MasterCard but it's not a good advert for the airline.
Hello Summers46!

Well that seems odd? Their website still says:

Food, Drink and Facilities

The lounge at Montreal offers complimentary hot food, continental breakfasts as well as a fantastic range of beers, wines and spirits. Fresh fruit and bar snacks are also available.

Perhaps you simply have to ask for them (rather than self service)? Did you speak to someone about it whilst you were visiting?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
As a sidenote, there is no fasttrack at YUL for premium passengers and / or Oneworld elites at YUL
There was fast track security in May...
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Greeting Summers46, welcome to Flyertalk and welcome in particular to the British Airways board. It would be really good if you continue to participate here, the more the merrier.

That sounds like BA's offering at Montréal has been caught in the cross-hairs of the third party's arrangements/costings with MasterCard. I would complain to BA about that, even Admirals Clubs manage a better job and even though BA is increasingly tight about lounge provision, in the case of YUL I don't think even they would want this outcome. Compare and contrast with Toronto, for example.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold

I'm sat in the YUL MasterCard lounge now, and I can report that this has been resolved: beer, wine and spirits are back. The lounge is rammed, though, I think I got the last seat.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:13 pm

BA Montréal lounge

Fast forward a few years and the BA Montréal Lounge is still very disappointing. Bad food, cold soup (should be hot), warm white wine (should be cold), very poor choice of food, in fact there is very little food and what is there is bad.
On the positive side, it is not crowded and it is quiet. But if you need to eat, don't go there.

This a shame as other BA lounges (London Heathrow) are much better.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:19 am

Is preflight dining now offered?

I didn't think that YUL was listed as a Sleeper Service route, but 094 is included on the list of routes available through this BA.com page: https://www.britishairways.com/en-es...ess/club-world.

Perhaps an oversight.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Originally Posted by AndreeB
Fast forward a few years and the BA Montréal Lounge is still very disappointing. Bad food, cold soup (should be hot), warm white wine (should be cold), very poor choice of food, in fact there is very little food and what is there is bad.
On the positive side, it is not crowded and it is quiet. But if you need to eat, don't go there.

This a shame as other BA lounges (London Heathrow) are much better.
Hi AndreeB, and welcome to FlyerTalk. I am sure of the mods will give you a proper welcome soon...

As a frequent user of the Canadian lounges (especially YYZ, but also YUL on occasion), I have to agree with you. However, if you go to the YYZ lounges, I think you will find them a lot nicer (but apparently LhR-YYZ is one of the top routes for BA). In my opinion, Montreal seems more of a leisure route. They do not offer First, and many times the Club cabins are either empty or seem full of Op-Ups.

Don't think you can compare lounge quality of a small outstation with a once a day flight, to LHR that is BA's hub...

And to MakinMiles question... I still don't think they have pre flight dining, they just don't have much food onboard since night flight... It was designated a Sleeper last time I went on it too, and still same poor selection in lounge

On a final note, why would anyone ever eat the cr*p food they have in that lounge, when you can have Poutine??
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I went through that lounge in late Nov 2016...I say went through as I walked in, looked at the mass of people and poor food / drink on offer and walked out again. Went and had dinner elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.