Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On Business Scheme Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Definitely not burning my Avios - On Business is essentially owned by the company and they like to burn the points. From what I can gather the points are generated from other parts of the large conglomerate where people self-book and never use On Business, we as a small part of that have a booking department and so we just use the points as they pile up. It's a PITA if you're struggling for status, but as things are for me at the moment it suits me quite well as it makes trip justification easier and I get onto BA so I can benefit from having status.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Quick question - I can't find my OB username nor the email when I started that account, I know my number but not username. And to find my username the OB page tells me to contact your Programme Administrator. Who is this because i'm a one man band. If i'm the administrator there is the option to contact On Business but just want to check before i head down that route. Thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
I have had this before and had to contact them which is a most unpleasant experience if you end up in Bremmen (which I assume you do from Helsinki).

When you ring, ask to speak to someone about OnBusiness. It will take them a moment to understand what you are asking for (most likely) and then they will try to find one of the few people there that know anything about it. They will probably be busy and will have to call you back.

Usually when they do call you back, they do know what they are talking about so that is a positive.

You can only call during business hours on week days.

Good luck
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:56 pm

Is there an OB redemption chart anywhere? I've got 3000 points and trying to maximise their value before I ditch this whole mess of a scheme...
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by shadowline
Is there an OB redemption chart anywhere? I've got 3000 points and trying to maximise their value before I ditch this whole mess of a scheme...
You must get a quote for the number of points required for each flight. Sadly nothing so simple as a redemption chart.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rapidex
You must get a quote for the number of points required for each flight. Sadly nothing so simple as a redemption chart.
There are some simple rules of thumb though. An upgrade from Club World to First is 10,000 points one-way and 20,000 points return. I think that this pricing applies on every route, so an upgrade on LHR<>JFK costs just the same as LHR<>SYD.

Originally Posted by shadowline
I've got 3000 points ... this whole mess of a scheme...
I think that is a bit unfair. If you have points representing spend of only about GBP 3,000 or so (plus a bit for taxes) then surely there is not much you can expect back in return? If you got 5% back that would be GBP 150.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I think that is a bit unfair. If you have points representing spend of only about GBP 3,000 or so (plus a bit for taxes) then surely there is not much you can expect back in return? If you got 5% back that would be GBP 150.
Fair way of looking at it!

I've worked my way through a good 20k points over the past few years, but about 95% of them were from before the earnings rates were changed to the current system. Current system has meant I've got a random number of points per flight/leg - I can't see how they could've been calculated. I'm just looking to burn these ones before they expire and move on with my life!
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:50 pm

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

I have been getting this error the last week. Is it me or or is the system not working.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 5:19 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by shayele

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

I have been getting this error the last week. Is it me or or is the system not working.
This is already being discussed here:
BA OnBusiness site down ?
EDIflyer and shayele like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.