Search

LHR Terminal 1

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR
LHR Terminal 1

Hi All,

For old time sake and encouraged by some really good threads on here about the ghost town that is terminal 1 I decided to book a quick trip to HAJ. MMB says that the lounge is the BA UK and Ireland Lounge. Is this just a mistake on the website or is the International lounge closing early?

Thanks for your help!
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
It's a mistake in MMB - the UK & Ireland lounge is now closed, but the International lounge is still open (until the end of June when BA moves out and T1 closes to passengers).
Old Feb 16, 2015, 2:05 pm

It is incorrect as we no longer have any UK or Ireland services in T1. The Heathrow map to which our website directs you is out of date as it shows departure gates that were closed at the end of last summer and are now sealed off (Gates 74 to 80).

The British Airways International Lounge is close to Gate 5.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Wow, T1 is incredibly empty. On HEX I thought I should double check which terminal I was going from, T5 or T3 - had completely forgotten T1 still had BA flights (MRS for me today)

Fastest fast track security ever - two lanes (total) with 13 staff - 2 x 6 and one extra (probably bored as he swabbed my bag at that table 10 yards past security)

Nearly everywhere closed, but Giraffe still going (one more brunch for old time's sake!)

Will swing by the lounge I've only visited once I think (for 5 mins en route to AMM) given I was a DUB regular and never allowed in

Am weirdly thinking of a day trip on BA's last day - bizarre feeling of nostalgia...
Old Apr 18, 2015, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
I flew to LUX and back this week. T1 is a very strange place at the moment - a far cry from the bustling days of Zone R.

Security was easy but there was a long line at the border on the way back - e-gates are now out of service and only 2 border agents.

In addition to Giraffe, Pret is still open as well as a few shops. A bit of a hike to the gate 5 lounge, especially if the flight goes from Gates 16/117 etc.

One more return to LUX for me before it closes.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
LHR Terminal 1

I'm going to LUX in the last week of operation for T1. I'll be taking plenty of pictures for old time's sake.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Wow. Massive queue at border on return - Border Force had a whopping 2 people on duty (or at least on duty and checking passports) when there was an A319 from HAJ and an A319 from MRS arriving within 5 minutes of each other. Had noted irmster's comment here so made sure to overtake some of my fellow CE pax on the way from air bridge.

Took me just under 15 mins, but someone who was at the back was in for a nasty shock on a Sunday night. And there was a Baku flight arriving 40 minutes later - no distinction between EU/EEA and 'all other' passports, so those pax could have been in for a terrible time.

If taking a last whirl through, do check what time other arrivals or at - may influence choice of destination / flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.