BA 2-4-1 voucher, open jaw

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Gold, On Business, Turkish Elite

Hello fellow travellers

An interesting question:
I believe we can call BA for booking open jaw tickets on 2 4 1.

My query is that can we do one journey in First and return in CW?
If so, do we only pay for the avios required for the class and distance for each flight? many thanks

eg: First to Bangalore oneway is 75k avios, back from Beijing in CW 50k total = 125k avios +taxes

Please correct me if wrong
Old Feb 14, 2015, 2:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Sorry I don't know the exact amounts for that particular route, but yes you can do a 2-4-1 with one leg in first and other in business, and I am pretty sure you can book that online. You would pay the avios for first and business.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 3:07 pm

Unless there's been a recent change open jaw rewards can only be done offline.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Gold, On Business, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by KARFA
Sorry I don't know the exact amounts for that particular route, but yes you can do a 2-4-1 with one leg in first and other in business, and I am pretty sure you can book that online. You would pay the avios for first and business.
FYI sorry cant do open jaw online, gotto call up BA

http://www.headforpoints.com/2014/03...tion-bookings/
Old Feb 14, 2015, 3:11 pm

Ah, sorry missed the open jaw bit of the question. Yes, SteveF & docvenkat are correct, any open jaw return has to be done on the phone. If it wasn't open jaw but just a split class booking that could be done online.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 1:43 am

Programs: BAEC gold (silver most of the time), ex-bmi (RIP) ex-silver, and a fistful of Amexes
Agree, quite possible if you phone--have done it often though not those cities--and do ask them to waive the offline booking fee since cant be done online...they usually agree to do so
Old Feb 15, 2015, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by sky-rat
Agree, quite possible if you phone--have done it often though not those cities--and do ask them to waive the offline booking fee since cant be done online...they usually agree to do so
"Usually" being the operative word. I booked an open jaw reward booking last night and the agent was adamant that he could not waive the fee. He said that because the website was not designed to allow these kinds of tickets to be booked online, rather than there being a technical fault preventing the booking, he was not allowed to waive the fee.

I've had the fee successfully waived for open jaws many times in the past. As it goes, I just went along with it yesterday... I reckoned that paying the fee was a better bet than hanging up and trying with another agent only to find the 4 F seats that I was trying to book had gone in the meantime!
Old Feb 15, 2015, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
Waived mine last week!!

Also we are going LGW-BGI returning POS-LGW and we have only been charged 75k miles-is this correct as I was expecting 100k?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 3:50 am

BA need to train their staff so they all sing off the same page.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by monkey
"Usually" being the operative word. I booked an open jaw reward booking last night and the agent was adamant that he could not waive the fee. He said that because the website was not designed to allow these kinds of tickets to be booked online, rather than there being a technical fault preventing the booking, he was not allowed to waive the fee.

I've had the fee successfully waived for open jaws many times in the past. As it goes, I just went along with it yesterday... I reckoned that paying the fee was a better bet than hanging up and trying with another agent only to find the 4 F seats that I was trying to book had gone in the meantime!
I think there is some misunderstanding the offline fee policy. The policy is not "if it is impossible to book something online, then the fee should not be charged". The policy is:

• if you should have been able to do it online as the functionality is there, but it isn't working properly that day (i.e. some kind of fault/glitch), then the fee should be waived
  • if you can't do it online and the functionality is not there so you could never do it online, the fee should be charged - although sometimes it may be waived if you are lucky.

Now since you can't book an open jaw 2-4-1 online this falls in to the second scenario and an offline fee should be charged. However, as noted above sometimes it is waived.

Last edited by KARFA; Feb 15, 2015 at 4:14 am
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by monkey
That is a correct statement of BA policy. But many of us have been lucky to have had more generous treatment from time to time.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:59 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL

Accepted. But it shouldn't be expected.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Silver
When I booked a LHR-PVG / SYD-LHR OJ a few weeks ago the fee was waived without me even asking, she just said that as I couldn't do it online I wouldn't be charged. To be honest I was so happy that there was SYD-LHR available that I wouldn't have thought to ask!

Thinking back, I don't think BA have ever charged me a fee for telephone booking when I've been trying to do something I can't do online (which is the only reason I'd call).
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:16 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Any troubles booking an open jaw using a 2 for 1 for say the following?

IAD-LHR-CDG
RAK-LGW/LHR-IAD

Thanks
FDW
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Any troubles booking an open jaw using a 2 for 1 for say the following?

IAD-LHR-CDG
RAK-LGW/LHR-IAD

Thanks
FDW
The 2for1 voucher has to start in the UK and be on BA metal (not a code share) so I am afraid this wouldnt work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.