Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about award redemption on AS with BA Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Hello all,

I've been looking at award availability on AA's website to book a first class one-way for HNL-OAK with AS on 6/14/15 using Avios.

The AA website shows 37.5k points to redeem in "Business/First MileSAAver", which I am looking to book with Avios. Now I know there is also a "First MileSAAver" which would cost 47.5k to redeem, but no flights are listed at that level to book for that day.

If I book with Avios, will it be counted as booking in business or first class? I'm wondering if I will have to redeem 25k or 37.5k Avios for the flight. AA shows that the flight is in A but would be redeemed at business class level. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Since AS sells the front cabin on its two-class aircraft as "First," BAEC (currently) charges 3X the Coach redemption rate for an award in that cabin. Come the end of April, BAEC will charge 4X the Coach redemption rate for F (for flights more than 2,000 miles in length).
Old Feb 12, 2015, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the clarification guv1976.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.