FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

Smid Jun 14, 2023 6:20 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective (Post 35331105)
Probably BA, they do a good breakfast!

Have things changed? The J lounge never used to do a buffet. You'd get a better buffet in AA J. Or just get a non buffet full english from CX J.

BA J used to bullet rolls with bacon and an egg to add to them. Could have changed post-covid though.

stewaran Jun 14, 2023 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 35331288)
Have things changed? The J lounge never used to do a buffet. You'd get a better buffet in AA J. Or just get a non buffet full english from CX J.

BA J used to bullet rolls with bacon and an egg to add to them. Could have changed post-covid though.

In T5 GC they had a proper buffet breakfast a couple weeks ago, I would assume that is replicated in T3

ZeroSight Jun 14, 2023 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 35331288)

I'm a picky so and so, full English breakfast is totally wasted on me and prefer to pick out my favourites and usually eat quite a bit of it :D That's why I prefer a buffet. My wife will probably go straight to CX J and i'll meet her there afterwards. Unless CX has a better buffet to my tastes, but I think they just do bacon and sausages in regards to British cooked favourites. I could be wrong as i've never been in that lounge, just going from what i've seen/read.

Smid Jun 14, 2023 7:15 am

Originally Posted by stewaran (Post 35331302)
In T5 GC they had a proper buffet breakfast a couple weeks ago, I would assume that is replicated in T3

Ah, so this has changed. Probably after covid. Previously you'd only get a buffet breakfast in GF (as well as self pour champagne), GC got a lot better post-covid and GF food got a lot worse (GC self-pour is gone now, but apart from a couple more items on an order menu, GF and GC food seems to be largely the same).

It is possible GC will go back to its meagre offerings from before though...

SxMan Jun 14, 2023 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 35331410)
It is possible GC will go back to its meagre offerings from before though...

if they bring back jacket potatoes, though, I shall be a very happy person. They were deliciously done – crispy on the outside, light and fluffy inside.

ExpatExp Jun 14, 2023 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by crazy8534 (Post 35309832)
I think CX F is still a sound choice, albeit that I am in the camp of people who have found it progressively less impressive of late. In the morning if it is relatively quiet and you get a seat in the dining room the menu is as good as ever, and then a seat at the window for a drink afterwards. QF will be available to you even as a silver and I am a fan although it doesn’t open until a bit later. I appreciate the enthusiasm for the AA Flagship lounge but as I said above it is just too busy in the mornings for my liking and the menu in the dining area doesn’t sufficiently make up for that. The BA F lounge would be the unlikely gem in my current thinking- it seems to be customarily quiet and you can let us know how the supposed CCR/F dining refit is going! My experiences of Centurion lounges in the US have been so poor that I haven’t bothered with the T3 one, but it gets a good reputation so may be worth a visit.

Agreed entirely. As a footnote, Miss ExpatExp agrees with the comment posted by KARFA upthread about the AA First lounge menu in the afternoons specifically -- apparently it was surprisingly tasty and worth another visit. So I will give it a go next time :tu:

ringingup Jun 26, 2023 12:44 pm

Best J-class access strategy? Still CX?

What time does Qantas start serving a-la-carte?

PGberkshire Jun 26, 2023 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by ringingup (Post 35364367)
Best J-class access strategy? Still CX?

What time does Qantas start serving a-la-carte?

scroll up

dgreen678 Jul 4, 2023 4:24 am

I was wondering if anyone had a view on the best lounge with a toddler. I have assumed BA GC as it has a play area and BA lounges tend to have high chairs. Do any of the other OW lounges have high chair facilities?

lkar Jul 6, 2023 7:25 am

Sorry for such a basic question, but what kind of proof is required to show Emerald status to gain admittance to one of the first class lounges? Traveling on BA from T3. AA Platinum Pro. I do not believe I have a physical card. Is showing my status on the AA app sufficient for the CX F lounge? Must my AA number be in my ticketed reservation?

drwook Jul 6, 2023 7:28 am

I've only ever had to show a card at small/remote outstations, never at LHR. But a virtual card should be fine if necessary.

Ticket Fairy Jul 12, 2023 11:59 am

Did a bit of a lounge safari yesterday in between BA flights. I started just after midday, so lunch options looked at.
I started in AA (first), where bubbles options were Moet, normal or pink. I did have a look at the A la carte options, but didn't fancy anything, nor was the hot buffet appealing for me- pork ribs, pasta, corn cobs, parmentier potatoes, veggie stew. The cold buffet 'picky bits' were more my thing.Overall, (my first visit here) i thought the lounge was light and airy if furniture (seats) a little 90's in part.
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...fb0acaff6b.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3d28abf03f.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...28cbd547ea.jpg

Onto QF - only upstairs open, and it was very quiet as presumably no QF lights scheduled for a while. A Small buffet selection was avaialable - If I had been expecting to use as main lounge, i would have been disappointed.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...65b18520ce.jpg

Onwards to CX. As a OWE I was directed to first lounge, but i also popped into business section to compare. Furnishings are similar, although a much larger section in business. If eating, the buffet in business is much more extensive, but first has al la carte dining. Nice champers in first. I have used this in the past to dine, but today it was just nice to sit looking out over the apron with a glass of fizz.

Finally onto BA Flounge. The furniture has been refreshed since last here (nov 22) and part of it is now a 'concorde' area. Pink champers now available but (in my opinion) its poor in comparison to the Lanson. Although many may disagree, i think BA actually has one of the better buffet offerings, pies now replaced by summer savoury tarts. Plus Jude's ice cream freezers in place.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b0b07e2330.jpg

Which would I visit again? AA, CX and BA. QF disappointed me, but maybe just the time of day i was there.

FlightDetective Jul 12, 2023 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Ticket Fairy (Post 35407399)
I started in AA (first), where bubbles options were Moet, normal or pink. I did have a look at the A la carte options, but didn't fancy anything, nor was the hot buffet appealing for me- pork ribs, pasta, corn cobs, parmentier potatoes, veggie stew. The cold buffet 'picky bits' were more my thing. Overall, (my first visit here) i thought the lounge was light and airy if furniture (seats) a little 90's in part.

Which would I visit again? AA, CX and BA. QF disappointed me, but maybe just the time of day i was there.

Funnily enough, when I did a lounge tour, the AA food was the surprise of the day for me. Not only is there a separate dining area, but I thought the options were very good. I'm rather pleased you posted the current menu there, because nobody ever seems to post about AA or send over the menu. Those trio of sliders look really nice for a start, as does the stuffed mushroom. I think AA is the dark horse among the lounges in T3, really. (Obviously the decor is terrible, but the food is great and when I was there, there was almost nobody inside, which I also enjoyed!)

Ticket Fairy Jul 12, 2023 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by FlightDetective (Post 35407542)
Funnily enough, when I did a lounge tour, the AA food was the surprise of the day for me. Not only is there a separate dining area, but I thought the options were very good. I'm rather pleased you posted the current menu there, because nobody ever seems to post about AA or send over the menu. Those trio of sliders look really nice for a start, as does the stuffed mushroom. I think AA is the dark horse among the lounges in T3, really. (Obviously the decor is terrible, but the food is great and when I was there, there was almost nobody inside, which I also enjoyed!)

Agree, although I can't comment on the AA business lounge - on entry I was told to go through the 'first' door that was magically opened for me. Had I not already had a BA meal on the way down fron EDI, I would have happily tried the A la carte. It wasn't at all busy, but to be honest at that time of day, nowhere was.

Radiation Station Jul 12, 2023 3:02 pm

Great reviews and photos, thank you. The a la carte dining in QF is worth a trip if you are in T3 at the right time. Agree it’s otherwise slim pickings for food. The flat whites are often good though.

lsquare Jul 12, 2023 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Radiation Station (Post 35407952)
Great reviews and photos, thank you. The a la carte dining in QF is worth a trip if you are in T3 at the right time. Agree it’s otherwise slim pickings for food. The flat whites are often good though.

Unless things have changed at QF, I would agree with you. I was disappointed with QF's buffet last summer.

choosethedrew Jul 13, 2023 1:58 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective (Post 35407542)

You're not wrong but OMG that lighting! That furniture! I just can't. Even serving up the finest epicurean delights.

joepatr Jul 13, 2023 2:17 am

Business class with AA from T3 next week. Any recommendations on which does the best breakfast?

cbyrne92 Jul 13, 2023 2:34 am

Originally Posted by joepatr (Post 35409087)
Business class with AA from T3 next week. Any recommendations on which does the best breakfast?

BA Does a good English breakfast buffet in GF if you have access.

CB

CT-UK Jul 13, 2023 3:03 am

Originally Posted by cbyrne92 (Post 35409105)
BA Does a good English breakfast buffet in GF if you have access.

CB

The GC side is also very good for breakfast.

cbyrne92 Jul 13, 2023 4:49 am

Originally Posted by CT-UK (Post 35409147)
The GC side is also very good for breakfast.

Is it just me....

Or is the previous 'Ugly Ducking, T3 Galleries lounge' now becoming superior to it's siblings across the apron in T5?

Based on personal experience of flying out of London recently, my ranking of the BA lounges now goes LGW - T3 - T5B - T5A.

CB

FlightDetective Jul 13, 2023 10:35 am

Originally Posted by choosethedrew (Post 35409067)
You're not wrong but OMG that lighting! That furniture! I just can't. Even serving up the finest epicurean delights.

Hahaha! Complete agreement from me. It's hideous at best!

(Luckily the staff seem to be aware of that so they go out of their way to be nice to you to make up for it!)

Grace B Jul 14, 2023 3:29 am

Originally Posted by cbyrne92 (Post 35409320)
Is it just me....

Or is the previous 'Ugly Ducking, T3 Galleries lounge' now becoming superior to it's siblings across the apron in T5?

Based on personal experience of flying out of London recently, my ranking of the BA lounges now goes LGW - T3 - T5B - T5A.

CB

I would agree with that. I'm always happy when flying out of T3 on BA (even when I forget and head to T5).

choosethedrew Jul 14, 2023 3:52 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective (Post 35410254)
Hahaha! Complete agreement from me. It's hideous at best!

(Luckily the staff seem to be aware of that so they go out of their way to be nice to you to make up for it!)

It’s like a conference centre in Cleveland.

lsquare Jul 14, 2023 4:06 am

Originally Posted by cbyrne92 (Post 35409320)
Is it just me....

CB

You're saying T5B is the best lounge in T5?

aardvarkdave Jul 14, 2023 3:03 pm

T3 lounge with kids…

Flying Finnair biz light (no lounge access) next week. I’m BA gold, my wife and two teenage kids (under 18) with me have no status.

Will any of the lounges allow kids in addition to my one guest? Qantas only does it for Qantas passengers, not other oneworld users, but what about American or Cathay?

Thanks!

orbitmic Jul 14, 2023 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by aardvarkdave (Post 35413858)
Will any of the lounges allow kids in addition to my one guest?

No. As you say, QF do it for their own but not others. Other lounges are 1 guest is 1 guest is 1 guest (except for kids under 2).

cbyrne92 Jul 17, 2023 2:16 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 35412303)
You're saying T5B is the best lounge in T5?

Obviously no....

I'm saying T5B is the best business class / OWS lounge in T5.

That said, The food selection between GF in T5 and T5B is near on identical right now and the crowding I've seen has been worse in GF so unless you have CCR access, there isn't much in it!

CB

Butts Jul 20, 2023 11:31 am

Flying to Luxembourg on Tuesday I did a bit of a "Terminal 3 Tour" - nice to be out with T5 for a bit of variety.

Hats off to AA's 1st Class Section - it was refreshingly empty compared to the BA "workhouses" in T5 Feels great when they tell you to turn right through the invisible door.

Offered Champagne on entry and also the complimentary pic and mix with bags - shame it was British Sweets rather than M&M's.

Had three mini-burgers that were freshly cooked and yummy.

On the downside no Malt Whisky and Becks in the fridges.

An oasis of calm compared to BA Lounges in T5.

Had a Cappuccino upstairs in the Qantas - poor selection of food - restaurant not open.

CX - Only letting their own in as full.

BA - Not as busy as T5 just raided some crisps and Beer for the flight - and had an Ice Cream.

If BA really get charged upwards of 50sovs for you to enter a rival lounge why don't they offer you half that amount not to go in ?

South London Bon Viveur Jul 20, 2023 4:30 pm

Went to QF today as CX F lounge was full and turned me away. I like the layout, but is the food that much better than the BA GF lounge? I don't think so. And they didn't have the cricket on either- miserable gits.

Butts Jul 20, 2023 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur (Post 35430868)
Went to QF today as CX F lounge was full and turned me away. I like the layout, but is the food that much better than the BA GF lounge? I don't think so. And they didn't have the cricket on either- miserable gits.

Should have tried the AA one, funny the CX was full for the second day running - what time were you trying to get in ?

South London Bon Viveur Jul 20, 2023 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Butts (Post 35430882)
Should have tried the AA one, funny the CX was full for the second day running - what time were you trying to get in ?

It was around 17:30- the lady did say to come back later and did also offer me the J lounge. TBH I was fine to wander down to the QF one, but yes should have maybe given AA a try. Not been there since the pandemic.

Butts Jul 20, 2023 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur (Post 35430916)
It was around 17:30- the lady did say to come back later and did also offer me the J lounge. TBH I was fine to wander down to the QF one, but yes should have maybe given AA a try. Not been there since the pandemic.

Isn't it great to have a choice in T3 unlike "BA or Bust" in T5

AA's not that fantastic but compared to the scrums at T5 was an oasis of calm.

lsquare Jul 20, 2023 7:04 pm

I haven't had breakfast at the T3 lounges before. Do CX J&F, BA, and AA have breakfast menus? If so, from what time?

Smid Jul 20, 2023 7:52 pm

We were told CX F lounge full yesterday. But the inference was that it was the restaurant part which we don't care about and they didn't stop us when we went in.

It wasn't full. Not even close. The J lounge was much busier though when I went to get dan dan mien from noodle bar.

EQDsSUCK Jul 20, 2023 9:40 pm

A couple I know well (in their 80s) is traveling business class from Dallas to Budapest.

They are on AA business class DFW-LHR, scheduled to arrive at 745am.

And then I guess Club Europe LHR-BUD, scheduled to depart at 925am.

I am trying to help them plan their short one hour and 40 minute stay in Terminal 3.

Does anyone know what gates they are likely arriving into and departing from, and what would be the most convenient lounge (for their flights) and nicest to visit while they are in Terminal 3?

KARFA Jul 21, 2023 2:06 am

The lounges are all within 100m of each other on the corridor in the main part of the terminal, so I wouldn't say there is much if any convenience advantage in terms of picking any particular one. After connections you come out quite close to the lounge corridor.

lsquare Jul 21, 2023 2:10 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 35431116)
I haven't had breakfast at the T3 lounges before. Do CX J&F, BA, and AA have breakfast menus? If so, from what time?

Help?

nldogbert Jul 21, 2023 3:17 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 35431764)
Help?

Both AA and CX does - I believe QF is one of the later ones among all the OW lounges to open. BA would also have breakfast menu.

As far as I know, all 3 - BA, AA, CX - it would start from lounge opening. I only can be sure for CX and BA it ends at 1130. Then from 12 - the allday/lunch service begins. The 30 mins dead time in between, there would sitll be possibility to order - but it will depend I guess on the mood of the lounge staff and whatever you see at the buffet section.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

SxMan Jul 21, 2023 4:15 am

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur (Post 35430916)

actually, I prefer the CX J lounge over CX first – it’s not quite so hot, the bar service is superb and there seems to be a wonderful choice of both Asian – noodles – and then western food, hot and cold – further into the lounge where there is always quite a lot of space. I find the first lounge hot, crowded, noisy and claustrophobic.