Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do you guys know how lucky we are to have something as good as the BA twitter for CS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you guys know how lucky we are to have something as good as the BA twitter for CS?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Seriously...While some may complain about the staff in flight or long wait times on the phone, someone having an off day or BA running out of sandwiches in the club kitchen, any question I've had or problem that I needed to iron out (within reason, obviously) has been resolved almost immediately by the BA twitter. I find that if you are polite and know what you want, you are pretty much good to go.

Compare this to most companies out there, who have call centers in foreign countries and hold times of hours. Not sure what it's like in the UK but in America calling or dealing with customer service with big airlines and most big companies in general (Comcast, Verizon, TWC, anyone?) is the definition of hell.

I, for one, love this feature and will definitely try to travel more often with BA in the future as a result.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:16 am
McG

Programs: BAEC
KLM offer a re-booking service via Twitter when flights are hit by disruption.

BA could offer something similar.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
It's a shame that I'm required to sign up for the pointlessness of Twitter to get CS from BA, but I guess you make a fair point.

I just don't want my real name, or details, out there.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
I've found BA, KLM and AF to be very good when getting support via Twitter.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
[QUOTE=T8191;24303356]It's a shame that I'm required to sign up for the pointlessness of Twitter to get CS from BA, but I guess you make a fair point.

I just don't want my real name, or details, out there.[/QUOTE

You don't need to have any real names or personal details on Twitter.

Though I agree it would be great if other methods of communication were as responsive.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:28 am

Why are we lucky to get customer service delivered with modern technology?

Or do you mean lucky not to have to wait an hour on the phone?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: ABBA
I guess twitter is cheaper to deal with as it forces users to get right to the point, so a single person might deal with 10 phone calls, or 15 emails an hour, they can deal with 25 twits as they don't have to wander through the irrelevance.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by simons1
Why are we lucky to get customer service delivered with modern technology?

Or do you mean lucky not to have to wait an hour on the phone?
That was so utterly English. I can almost hear my grandmother saying: "But dear, why shall someone get so emotional about a sunny day? It is summer, isn't it?"
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by luitje
That was so utterly English. I can almost hear my grandmother saying: "But dear, why shall someone get so emotional about a sunny day? It is summer, isn't it?"
Maybe. I just find these days that customer service is so poor that we all get thrilled when we receive acceptable service....
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by simons1
Maybe. I just find these days that customer service is so poor that we all get thrilled when we receive acceptable service....
Sorry, when was customer service ever AMAZING? For most large companies, it has changed very little over the last two hundred years.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by mikekelley
Sorry, when was customer service ever AMAZING? For most large companies, it has changed very little over the last two hundred years.
Indeed, Blackadder had it right ages ago ... "Sod off, Baldrick"
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL

Your good customer service is my someone got something they weren't entitled to making the rest of us feel hard done to.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
BA's Twitter team are nowhere near as good as many other companies.

Incorrect information is often given, with many stock answers and lots of (sensible) tweets going unanswered completely.

I would say we are lucky in having BA representatives here on FT, but not Twitter.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: Varies
I'd have said so a few weeks back, but I haven't had very good responses on Twitter lately when I've had a more complicated issue that need resolving. I've not even got the sense that they really understand how worrying it is for me. When it's a "computer says no" issue I'd at least like some recognition that their service is unreasonable - and an apology for a broken system might help a little too. Maybe there's a limit on what can be said (or recorded in writing, rather) on Twitter, and I really should phone them for a more off-the-record discussion, but do I really want a 1 hour plus wait?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by highpeaklad
Your good customer service is my someone got something they weren't entitled to making the rest of us feel hard done to.
What, pray tell, were you entitled to that I nicked away from you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.