Community
Wiki Posts
Search

They let anyone in F these days!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by T8191
This thread makes me consider buying some mothballs, so that I can add the "Old People in F" aroma to the cabin later this month.
Originally Posted by antichef
Leave them down the sides of the seat when you leave. Apparently the cleaners will never find them

Can you get them in "Boiled Cabbage" flavour in your locale then?
i will have a look, although JER isn't a great place for exotic shopping. I could apply copious linament, I suppose, and try to disguise that with the great smell of Brut
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (thanks to BOB), UA, Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles, Amex BAPP & Platinum
^
Originally Posted by antichef
Leave them down the sides of the seat when you leave. Apparently the cleaners will never find them

Can you get them in "Boiled Cabbage" flavour in your locale then?
^^^
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Greenpen
What about drunk children? They cause real problems!
That I am yet to see ... drunk 'adults' however, that's a different story.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
That I am yet to see ... drunk 'adults' however, that's a different story.
Sorry!
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.4; HTC One_M8 Build/KTU84P) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.89 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by Greenpen
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Intriguing! The only misbehaving I've seen (or been told about) is the occasional DYKWIAs or celebrities. Normal people tend to behave themselves and are far more civilised
What about drunk children? They cause real problems!
The scourge of the air are boozy preteens
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by OttoMH
So.. I was on BA 98 on Sunday in CW and there was a scurry of activity in the night as two people, together with bags were moved back to CW from F. Apparently there had been a 'fight' in F (I assume verbal) and the two passengers coming back didn't appear to be the aggressors (as the crew were doing everything they possibly could for them.)

Anyone have the gossip? Too many chavs with an AMEX voucher these days??
Perhaps they'd been set upon by Bunny and Jewel?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Whats a chav?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:26 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
You don't really mean chavs, you mean working class.

At least get your language right if you are going to be offensive about a large swathe of the population.

Chav (/ˈtʃæv/ chav) is a pejorative epithet used in Britain to describe a particular stereotype.[1][2] The word was popularised in the first decade of the 21st century by the British mass media to refer to an anti-social youth subculture in the United Kingdom.[3] The Oxford English Dictionary defines "chav" as an informal British derogatory, meaning "a young lower-class person who displays brash and loutish behaviour and wears real or imitation designer clothes".[4] The derivative chavette has been used to refer to females,[5] and the adjectives "chavish" and "chavtastic" have been used in relation to items designed for or suitable for use by chavs.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Talking

Originally Posted by expatboy
Perhaps they'd been set upon by Bunny and Jewel?
Thank you for flagging up these posts by Pucci. They had me crying with laughter! There ought to be a sticky thread of classic posts like these, as without you flagging it up again I may never have seen it, being a FT newcomer. And that would have been a real shame.

Can I ask what TFTG means?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:22 am

Current dress should be

baseball cap turned backwards
largest headphones possible (not plugged in) preferably endorsed by a rapper
vest/singlet/ wife beater with mildly offensive logo
stained tracky bottoms or ripped jeans, either of which should have the waist slightly below the cheeks of ones backside
striped jockey shorts
black high top trainers/baseball shoes with laces undone and flying around

this should ensure sufficient attention to warrant grade A DYKWIA moment

of course being drunk/high also helps
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by flabound
Current dress should be

baseball cap turned backwards
largest headphones possible (not plugged in) preferably endorsed by a rapper
vest/singlet/ wife beater with mildly offensive logo
stained tracky bottoms or ripped jeans, either of which should have the waist slightly below the cheeks of ones backside
striped jockey shorts
black high top trainers/baseball shoes with laces undone and flying around

this should ensure sufficient attention to warrant grade A DYKWIA moment

of course being drunk/high also helps
One day in the near future, just for fun. I'm going to walk in to the CCR dressed like that just to see how many dirty looks I get. It will make an excellent youtube video. Sandly I don't own any headphones other than the apple ones.

I think use of 'premium' street language also would add to the chav look. Repeated use of the word 'fam' at the end of everything said would complete the look
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by MaximusDecimusMeridius
Can I ask what TFTG means?
TFTG = Tales from the Gallery
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Calum
One day in the near future, just for fun. I'm going to walk in to the CCR dressed like that just to see how many dirty looks I get. It will make an excellent youtube video. Sandly I don't own any headphones other than the apple ones.

I think use of 'premium' street language also would add to the chav look. Repeated use of the word 'fam' at the end of everything said would complete the look
You don't even need to that. I approached the F check in on one of my first flights with BA in F wearing shorts and a tshirt, and was curtly asked by the bloke on the desk "Erm... What cabin are you meant to be travelling in mate?".

I think a baseball cap would have fully sent him off the deep end.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:43 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Many times I wonder what this is all about. Increasing the number of personal posts with utter nonsense or what?

Who farted in the upper biz cabin last time I flew from JNB to LHR? I demand to know!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Calum
One day in the near future, just for fun. I'm going to walk in to the CCR dressed like that just to see how many dirty looks I get ...
It may surprise you, but guests dressed very much like that appear in the CCR on a regular(ish) basis. There are all sorts who go in there and mostly (unless they are a 'celebrity' or a 'DYKWIA') never get a second glance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.