Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Status Matching from BA to Skyteam/Star Alliance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Matching from BA to Skyteam/Star Alliance

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:57 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by T8191
A week has gone by, and I'm still Millemiglia Dark Green

I shall never fly AZ again ... Oh, wait ...
I've waited 8 days. But the website does say it can take up to 8 business days so I'm not expecting anything yet.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:00 am

Great - thanks for the quick reply. Sounds like something I should get organised before I suddenly find myself in an endless Aerolineas queue carrying stacks of extra baggage!
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:13 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by T8191
A week has gone by, and I'm still Millemiglia Dark Green

I shall never fly AZ again ... Oh, wait ...
On the grounds that I was status matched to Etihad Guest Gold, and will soon be Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus, I presume I will soon be entitled to fly the plane with Alitalia?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
On the grounds that I was status matched to Etihad Guest Gold, and will soon be Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus, I presume I will soon be entitled to fly the plane with Alitalia?
I don't think they 're going to status match you to an ATPL without a lot of persusion*

* of course in Italy persuasion can = €€€€€

Last edited by Fitch; Aug 21, 2015 at 8:38 am
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Schultzois
Once you do eventually get a response/match (assuming you eventually do) please let us know if it's to Alitalia's Alata or Alata Plus level. As BAEC Gold is equivalent to most airlines' platinum level, I'd expect the latter (also if it's true that BAEC Silver maps to Alata).
All reports on the Alitalia thread - except for one unlucky individual who only received Freccia Alata - have indicated that BA Gold matches to Freccia Alata Plus.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Ziz
I've waited 8 days. But the website does say it can take up to 8 business days so I'm not expecting anything yet.
Again, if you follow the Alitalia thread, processing times crept up to over a month. In recent times, the delay has come down again. Just be patient.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:30 am

Just to reiterate my own experience:

03/08 Emailed them with jpeg of my Gold card asking for a match to Freccia Alata Plus.

17/08 Nothing received, not even an acknowledgement, online account shows basic Freccia card

19/08 Logged in again and card has updated to Freccia Alata Plus

So don't expect to hear from them but it does seem to be working and taking about 2-3 weeks.

Being a cheeky so-and-so I have now asked TK to match my AZ status
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:39 am

Yikes, just seen the following in the Millemiglia FAQs:

How can I cancel my membership to the MilleMiglia Program?
You must make your request to withdraw from the program in writing, indicating your personal MilleMiglia number and enclosing a signed copy of a valid identity document

Italian bureaucracy at its finest
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I just let my VS Red expire a decade or so ago, but they did tell me the account would be reactivated if I ever flew with them again

Same for my long-defunct KLM card, now I think of it.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by njf63
Wow, that worked !

Millemiglia Freccia Alata Plus now confirmed until Mar 17 - status match request sent to TK... we shall see
Please can you PM me the email address for Alitalia, just been looking on there web for 10 mins with no joy!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by stewaran
Please can you PM me the email address for Alitalia, just been looking on there web for 10 mins with no joy!
PM Sent. ^
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:50 am

Just to reiterate my own experience:

03/08 Emailed them with jpeg of my Gold card asking for a match to Freccia Alata Plus.

17/08 Nothing received, not even an acknowledgement, online account shows basic Freccia card

19/08 Logged in again and card has updated to Freccia Alata Plus

So don't expect to hear from them but it does seem to be working and taking about 2-3 weeks.

Being a cheeky so-and-so I have now asked TK to match my AZ status
UPDATE: TK have responded asking for a photo of my Freccia Alata + card and evidence of my flighrs over the last 6 months. I assume they mean on *A (total = 0) but I think I will just send in my OW BPs (total = lots) and see what happens

Would be nice to score a hat-trick
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
UPDATE: TK have responded asking for a photo of my Freccia Alata + card and evidence of my flighrs over the last 6 months. I assume they mean on *A (total = 0) but I think I will just send in my OW BPs (total = lots) and see what happens

Would be nice to score a hat-trick
I emailed Alitalia, got a reply back about ten days later saying the photo of my BA card was in an incompatible format and to resend as a PDF. Did this same day and heard nothing since (about ten days ago). Just logged in and status is still at the entry level. Trying to match to BA Silver.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Both (AI and TK) are a piece of cake.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
I emailed Alitalia, got a reply back about ten days later saying the photo of my BA card was in an incompatible format and to resend as a PDF. Did this same day and heard nothing since (about ten days ago). Just logged in and status is still at the entry level. Trying to match to BA Silver.
Oh no sorry, when I first log in I see a green card but when I go into my profile it's a gold colour. Valid until 31/03/2017. BA one is only valid until 30/06/2016. What a win.

It's the 'FRECCIA ALATA' level for info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.