Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
The BA website is driving me nuts. Trying to browse christmas market breaks this evening and getting the all too frequent constant cookies alert plus the 'our systems are not operating properly' BS. Is this just lots of traffic or are BA doing maintenance?
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:20 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
There is a very funny flight on the BA website that shows a HKG-TPE CX510 flight that is "operated" by Iberia:

This flight shows as operated by CX on both CX and EF, so I suspect this is a BA IT hiccup.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 9:02 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by BA Humbug
There is a very funny flight on the BA website that shows a HKG-TPE CX510 flight that is "operated" by Iberia:
"Iberia" CX flights has been a bug for some time. Has not affected actual redemptions though AFAIK.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Thanks not calling BA ever again LOL

Originally Posted by JAXBA
Not sure why you're getting the rejection message Modo but you may do best to call in and ask an agent to submit the claim.

If that doesn't work, then you can contact BAMissingAvios here on FT: Send a private message to BAMissingAvios
Will reply through the link thanks.

Spent a fortune calling BA yesterday to resolve different issues documented in this thread. On 2 occasions I told them how to solve the issue on the first call but it still took over 6 months before they independently arrived at the original solution.

Still missing thousands of points from my family account during the hiatus late last year.

I suspect this one will be an Avios redemption being linked in to a revenue booking at the start of the journey on CX in MNL
Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
You seem to have swapped the column ordering of fares when making a booking - very confusing.

Anyway, the text is now confused as you have HBO showing under Plus and checked bag showing under Basic...
Attached Images  
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:16 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
So, er, what can I book flights with?
Attached Images  
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:47 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by dsf
So, er, what can I book flights with?
Credit, debit cards, cash, gold bars, iPhones (HK, 7+ only), horses, camels (ME)....
Old Sep 16, 2016, 6:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I am currently unable to perform the online check in for a redemption booking I booked today for a flight tomorrow
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:17 am

Tried to cancel a CX avios booking 2 times with no luck. I waited about 10 minutes between each try. Should I call it in?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by florens
I am currently unable to perform the online check in for a redemption booking I booked today for a flight tomorrow
I would call, this could be a ticketing issue rather than an IT one. Better safe than sorry.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I would call, this could be a ticketing issue rather than an IT one. Better safe than sorry.
Thanks for the tip. I did indeed call. Seems to be because the passport must be checked at the checkin desk at the airport tomorrow. They said it is a random check/inspection
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:16 pm

Unable to log in to my account right now, using Chrome on OS X.

This page is not available.

Sorry we can't show you this page at the moment.

Please try the following actions:

Restart your browser and try again
Try using a different browser
If these steps fail to resolve the problem, please contact us, quoting the following information:
Old Sep 17, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: VS LT Gold 1MM, BA Gold, M&M Frequent, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Thumbs down

Lots of pages including luxury sale currently not working for me. I saw a pop-up asking if I'd like to try the new homepage. I clicked yes, and rather than being greeted with some slick experience I get this:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
Cookie
/n

I can't access ba.com from that web browser anymore. Epic fail BA
Old Sep 19, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Ludicrous Credit Cardrejection.

Tried to add a domestic return to a redemption booking ex HKG - needed booking linked for obvious through baggage connection reasons

Could not do online so ended up being passed between 5 departments. total time on phone just less than 2 hours!

Transaction failed but booking held for 24 hours on raise to supervisor. Supervisor said repeatedly he "Hoped" the transaction would complete tomorrow. HOPED not WOULD

REASON - credit card not approved. Credit card company insist they approved no less than three times. BA response sorry that is the system.

This is Third World stuff BA - you are making Cebu Pacific look good!
Old Sep 19, 2016, 9:02 am

Combine Avios

WIth the demise of MBNA and Diamond club I have been trying to combine my Diamond Club for the last 5 days.

Every time I get to the BA web site and try to 'Combine' it redirects to .......

Combine my Avios was unsuccessful

Combine my Avios is not available at the moment. Please try again later

FOnly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.