Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to spending Avios | 2015

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:43 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ophir_mm
I upgraded recently WT+ to CW using Avios (on two long haul flights TLV-LHR and LHR-BOS). As far as I understand I should get the Avios and Tier Points of WT+ and not CW. However on my booking details in the BA Website the "rewards for this booking" reflects the Tier Points as if I purchased CW fare. Is this a glitch or does it reflect what I will collect after I fly? Oddly enough the Selling Class is U, a class that if I understand correctly is associated with Avios redemption and tends to cause technical problems in obtaining Avios and Tier Points at all.

Can someone comment on this issue?
The Manage My Booking section is often incorrect with regards to the tier points and avios you will collect when you've upgraded one or more sectors. You will probably get WT+ points. However, it's not uncommon to get the higher points. You're just going to have to wait to see what the BA lottery gives you
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by golfmad
The Manage My Booking section is often incorrect with regards to the tier points and avios you will collect when you've upgraded one or more sectors. You will probably get WT+ points. However, it's not uncommon to get the higher points. You're just going to have to wait to see what the BA lottery gives you
Yes, I realize that, it is only that this is crucial for my calculation towards Gold. I assume I would have to stay on the safe side and assume that I will get "only" the WT+ points. Thanks anyway for the prompt reply ^
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:51 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Yes, I realize that, it is only that this is crucial for my calculation towards Gold. I assume I would have to stay on the safe side and assume that I will get "only" the WT+ points. Thanks anyway for the prompt reply ^
Yes, for the purposes of status qualification you should plan on seeing WT+ tier points post to your account.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I assume I would have to stay on the safe side and assume that I will get "only" the WT+ points.
You are very likely to get only the WT+ TPs; the glitch happens relatively infrequently IME.

If you UuA into CW, you will be booked into U class. You can't UuA unless there is award inventory in the upgraded class, and that is the booking class you are booked in. BA's systems have got better at distinguishing whether you are entitled to Avios and TPs, and at what level - although they still aren't perfect.

You may find that you are awarded 0 Avios and 0 TPs. In that event, my preferred route is to use the webform on ba.com to send an email, and the problem is usually fixed within a week or two.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: BA
Does the $55 flight cancellation fee apply only once to a round trip or multi-city ticket?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wiivile
Does the $55 flight cancellation fee apply only once to a round trip or multi-city ticket?
Yes - it's per ticket, not per sector.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 4:24 pm
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
I am looking to book an intra-Japan flight using Avios. The flight that I am trying to book has 10+ flights a day, but ba.com would only show me the 8 earliest flights of each day. Is there a way to select flights later in the day without having to call? Thanks.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swy
Is there a way to select flights later in the day without having to call?
No, there isn't.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 4:47 pm
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Originally Posted by Globaliser
No, there isn't.
Oh... Would the agents waive the phone booking fee automatically, or do I have to argue with them?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 2:47 am

Is there a change/cancellation fee if I have booked Avios award on CX for 38500 avios and $180 tax? It is an award for 3 persons.

If I change to different date, is there a fee? If I have to cancel, what do or don't I lose? Is it $55 fee for cancellation but not per person right?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 2:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by swy
Oh... Would the agents waive the phone booking fee automatically, or do I have to argue with them?
You should mention that the site only displays the first 10 bookings. The agent should be amenable to waiving the fee.

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Is there a change/cancellation fee if I have booked Avios award on CX for 38500 avios and $180 tax? It is an award for 3 persons.

If I change to different date, is there a fee? If I have to cancel, what do or don't I lose? Is it $55 fee for cancellation but not per person right?
If you cancel more that 24 hours before you get everything back minus the cancellation fee. The fee is per person rather than per booking I believe.

If you change a booking the fee is $55.

Fees are set out here.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...d-service-fees
Old Aug 13, 2015, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
You should mention that the site only displays the first 10 bookings. The agent should be amenable to waiving the fee.

If you cancel more that 24 hours before you get everything back minus the cancellation fee. The fee is per person rather than per booking I believe.

If you change a booking the fee is $55.

Fees are set out here.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...d-service-fees
Whether change or cancel, the fee is $55 per person? And I get my tax back?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:05 am

Whether change or cancel, the fee is $55 per person? And I get my tax back?
Yes, per person I believe. You get everything back minus $55.

If the taxes fees and charges were $300 you get $245 back.

If the taxes fees and charges were less than $55 then you only lose that, you don't have to cure the difference. For example if the taxes fees and charges were $35 then none of that is refined, but you are not asked to pay the remaining $20 of the fee.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, per person I believe. You get everything back minus $55.

If the taxes fees and charges were $300 you get $245 back.

If the taxes fees and charges were less than $55 then you only lose that, you don't have to cure the difference. For example if the taxes fees and charges were $35 then none of that is refined, but you are not asked to pay the remaining $20 of the fee.
It is Avios and 3 seats for 3 of us and total miles & tax/fees for 3 of us shows 38K avios and $180 .
If I do date change or cancel, i will get my 38k avios back and $180 minus $55= $125?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 5:45 pm

It is Avios and 3 seats for 3 of us and total miles & tax/fees for 3 of us shows 38K avios and $180 .
If I do date change or cancel, i will get my 38k avios back and $180 minus $55= $125?
Yes all the avios back.

$180 - (3x $55) = $15 refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.