Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Advice please - ex-EU BA holiday and the last leg of the trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond

Hope someone can advise if there is any difference with not taking the last leg from London to EU when booked as a package on BA holidays from Europe.

We had intended to travel back from London to the EU city (and have a hotel and return flights booked) but are very tired and would really like to stay in London. Our flight is into LHR and to Europe from LGW and our bags tagged to LHR.

I know the general consensus on a normal ticket is ok if you don't do it often but does being part of a package holiday make a difference? We have never not taken the last leg of ex-EU fares and feel a bit guilty thinking about not taking this last leg.

Grateful for adice.

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:32 am

Not a problem at all - and especially easy that you will be caught up in major traffic between LHR and LGW

BA Holiday booking makes no difference.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Not a problem at all - and especially easy that you will be caught up in major traffic between LHR and LGW

BA Holiday booking makes no difference.
Thank you!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: BAEC
Can someone please add the answer to this question as a sticky?? It seems to get asked at least once or twice a week.

No, Beelzebub and his satanic horde aren't going to haul off your firstborn for not taking a flight. You aren't going to be deprived of avios/TPs and BA's internal Stasi aren't going to interrogate you when you sneak out of lhr. Willie Walsh won't even strike you off his Christmas card list. It's ok. Be naughty. Miss that flight. Go on: I dare you.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Can someone please add the answer to this question as a sticky?? It seems to get asked at least once or twice a week.

No, Beelzebub and his satanic horde aren't going to haul off your firstborn for not taking a flight. You aren't going to be deprived of avios/TPs and BA's internal Stasi aren't going to interrogate you when you sneak out of lhr. Willie Walsh won't even strike you off his Christmas card list. It's ok. Be naughty. Miss that flight. Go on: I dare you.
I did try a search but ex-EU caused a problem - too many quotes! A sticky would be good.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Slightly OT

I just fumbled into this article. Its about a guy getting sued by Orbitz in the US for setting up a search engine specially for dropping your last leg in order to save money. Not sure if it has been posted before.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...keting-1-.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.