Wiki Posts
Search

Birthday bonuses - credit by Dec 31st 2014

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Birthday bonuses - credit by Dec 31st 2014

Before I start, I should say that it's incredibly generous of BA to give people a reasonably hefty avios bonus once a year around their birthday.
(4k ET, 8k CE, 15k WT/WTP or 30k CW). I know other carriers do bonus promotions as part of their normal marketing for certain routes but this is BA so when something rare like this comes along it's a bit sweeter ;-)

So I've been looking forward to my birthday bonus of 15k avios for a WTP return I booked and flew during the bonus qualification period but I checked this morning and I haven't received it. It was due to be credited by today.

The T&Cs are here:
https://www.ba.com/travel/kmbdaynova...club/_gf/en_gb

Before I go off chasing BA I wanted to ask if anyone else was expecting it and if so have they had it credited yet?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
I have not received it either but will give it until next week or so
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:25 am

Flew on 14 Oct return 17 Oct, received bonus avios on 29 November.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:47 am

Programs: ABBA
Never seen such an email

Virgin on the other hand gave me 2000 miles and a balloon.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I've never received any offer for my birthday
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I don't think I've ever had an offer either. I've come to the view that this offer goes out to people who have had a hiatus in their BA usage and therefore need to be chivvied back on board. That or BA has worked out that the Avios balance of the passenger is so high that it's not going to make much difference.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I don't think I've ever had an offer either. I've come to the view that this offer goes out to people who have had a hiatus in their BA usage and therefore need to be chivvied back on board. That or BA has worked out that the Avios balance of the passenger is so high that it's not going to make much difference.
Sort of like my wife who rarely if ever uses her MyWaitrose card and received money off vouchers several weeks ago. Whereas I got bupkis and use mine at least three times per week.

A propos, I've never received a BA birthday bonus either

H
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I never got the birthday bonus e-mail either.

Originally Posted by Hoch
Sort of like my wife who rarely if ever uses her MyWaitrose card and received money off vouchers several weeks ago. Whereas I got bupkis and use mine at least three times per week.
I got those money-off vouchers and I had never used the MyWaitrose card before. There were 3x spend GBP 40 and get GBP 8 off coupons so when my Mum and I went down to the local Little Waitrose this Christmas we were able to burn them all.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I join the "BA never sent me an offer (or anything else) for my birthday club! Could it be location-specific, like maybe US members receive it but not the rest of us?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:36 am
In Memoriam

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
UK based. Long term blue. Might sneak into Silver in 2015. Marketing preferences are to receive copious emails from BA.

Received an offer a few weeks ago ahead of a January birthday.

I couldn't book a flight in the time slot required and the Avios incentive, which in don't recall exactly, didn't make it worth me spending £hundreds anyway.

Nice marketing. Perhaps useful as part of a TP run. But certainly not a massive winner.

Last edited by PeacefulWaters; Dec 31, 2014 at 4:41 am
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:36 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Never even been wished happy birthday by BA (having travelled on my birthday a number of times), let alone received any promo offers related to my birthday.

So I don't think BA have much generosity at all when it comes to my birthday. But then I've been Gold for around 15 years, so I guess they figure they might not need to make the effort. About to drop to Silver though, so let's see if that makes any difference next year.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I join the "BA never sent me an offer (or anything else) for my birthday club! Could it be location-specific, like maybe US members receive it but not the rest of us?
You mean as some compensation for US BAEC members complaining over few (if any) SALE offers from US origin?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I join! Never had one as Blue, nor as Bronze nor as Silver. I think I am being ignored Maybe when I move to Gold this year
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
I am UK based and have done lots of SH flying on BA over the past year, but less LH flying (cannot always justify the high price). Overall, fewer TP this year than last year (has to do with my M&M requalification, which is only needed every other year) But not really any long gap in flying BA! received offer in September (for November birthday) and was told that avios will come at the end of December.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:59 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
I had it this year - UK-based, I was Silver and taking regular Club flights....though at the time of sending my Avios balance was nothing to write home about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.