Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Business Class IL28SALE fares: DUB/CPH/BRU to North America

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nth_utsera_sth_utsera
Welcome to the thread, but please read this bit first

New to the thread? Welcome! If you are asking about obtaining tier points in the current sale, please read the following posts first.
  • from DUB, IL28SALE - to US reported here, e.g. JFK - €1140, LAX - €1395, HNL - €1395, needs to be booked by 27 Jan, see linked post for valid travel periods
  • from CPH, IL28SALE - to US reported here, e.g. JFK - £804, LAX - £1149, HNL - £1220, needs to be booked by 27 Jan, see linked post for valid travel periods
  • from ARN, IL28SALE - to US, e.g. JFK - £1093, LAX - £1327, HNL - £1479, needs to be booked by 15 Jan, valid travel periods same as above links
  • from BRU, IL28SALE - to US reported here, e.g. JFK - £1344, LAX - £1367, HNL - £1465, needs to be booked by 15 Jan, see linked post for valid travel periods
  • from AMS, IL28SALE - to US, e.g. JFK - £1382, LAX - £1397, HNL - £1532, needs to be booked by 27 Jan, valid travel periods same as above links
  • from LCA, IL28SALE - to US, e.g. JFK - £1514, LAX - £1705, HNL - £1958, needs to be booked by 27 Jan, valid travel periods same as above links

If your question is not answered there, or you want more help, please do post and join in.
Print Wikipost

Business Class IL28SALE fares: DUB/CPH/BRU to North America

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
cws, are you sure the 24 hour AA.com hold can defeat the ticketing deadline in the fare sales restrictions? I had assumed that the hold was implemented as a normal unticketed reservation, in which case the PNR would expire at 3 days after the reservation is created, at the ticketing deadline, or at a manually specified time (in this case 24 hours)---whichever is earlier.
For those using the US AA.COM website, AA allows a 24-hour hold or ticketing deadline (whichever comes 1st) for an all AA itinerary. You cannot cancel within 24 hours and receive a full refund. All of my experiences have been that central time US (GMT-6) is the clock used.
However, any itinerary with partner airlines require instant purchase. This you can cancel within 24 hours for a full refund. The above does not apply for tickets bought less than 7 days in advance.
Now I have 3 hours to see if I was a fool for buying a ticket.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Lurker piping up here to say a big thanks to all the helpful posters. I'm a BA Blue, always loved airports, planes, aviation etc but never really had the opportunity to do too much travelling. Thanks to this forum making a TP run seem both exciting and a perfectly normal thing to do , I have just booked DUB - LCY - JFK - PHX - HNL and return, with a night spent at JFK, 2 nights at HNL and 2 nights either side at DUB for the sum of €1,401.11 (flight only). 30,558 Avios and 1,340 TPs meaning I shall be Gold by the time I come back (taking existing TPs into account).

My husband thinks I'm mad but I of course explained how this will pay for itself He hates airports and travelling so is happy I'm going to be doing the whole travel bit without a grumpy travel partner in tow. I would have been better off doing a TP run to get Silver as I'm really not going to get the value of Gold, but I wanted to say I've flown to Hawaii in Business for that price and - why not?! I'm excited for my adventure now
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fluzz
Lurker piping up here to say a big thanks to all the helpful posters. I'm a BA Blue, always loved airports, planes, aviation etc but never really had the opportunity to do too much travelling. Thanks to this forum making a TP run seem both exciting and a perfectly normal thing to do , I have just booked DUB - LCY - JFK - PHX - HNL and return, with a night spent at JFK, 2 nights at HNL and 2 nights either side at DUB for the sum of €1,401.11 (flight only). 30,558 Avios and 1,340 TPs meaning I shall be Gold by the time I come back (taking existing TPs into account).

My husband thinks I'm mad but I of course explained how this will pay for itself He hates airports and travelling so is happy I'm going to be doing the whole travel bit without a grumpy travel partner in tow. I would have been better off doing a TP run to get Silver as I'm really not going to get the value of Gold, but I wanted to say I've flown to Hawaii in Business for that price and - why not?! I'm excited for my adventure now
Your husband is entirely correct.

enjoy!!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Fluzz
To quote Kurt Vonnegut: "Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God."

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your trip!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:49 pm

(Apologies for cross-post in TP runs thread)

Folks,

Any tips on booking the following itinerary? ITA matrix prices it up just fine, but I can't seem to find it to buy anywhere - US/AA websites, US booking line, and various online TAs (hipmunk, expedia) all throw up a blank. My main objective is to get the outbound route via DUB-LHR-CLT so I'd be happy to accept an alternate return routing if needs be

Many thanks in advance!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:54 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Since this is all US flights call US?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:05 pm

US bookings people couldn't find it - just an ITA phantom then?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

So if you gave them the flight numbers at US what price did they quote to you?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:08 pm

They said they couldn't connect US7448 with US731..
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Called BA this lunchtime and booked for the end of August:

DUB-LCY/LHR-MIA-LAX-OGG-LAX-MIA-LHR-DUB. Transatlantic flights are on BA metal.

Fare: £747.00
Taxes: £109.49
YQ: £230.60
Credit card fee: £5.00

Total cost: £1092.09

I'll get 1200 tier points, and 48,790 Avios points and I'll get to enjoy one night in Miami and 3 nights on the island of Maui. Will make for a nice getaway this August bank holiday.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
US7448 is actually EI.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Calchas
This is a bit odd, automated issuance of electronic tickets usually happens in well under 5 minutes, although sometimes AA can be a bit slow. Given the ticketing deadline is midnight—and while leniency may be extended it may not—I would advise calling AA with your record locator to ask what is going on. The airlines do not usually regard themselves as under contract with you until the ticket is issued.
Thanks Calchas. Although your advice was for someone else, I took it and called AA. Turned out some sort of website error had issued a ticket that did not attach to the booking, hence still showing On Request. A new one on me. They sorted it and issued the ticket, the only side effect being that I've been charged for 2 tickets...they assure me the refund has been processed for the 2nd ticket, but I've got all the screen shots in case.

Never done a TP run before, got and retained GGL the "normal" way (had I discovered FT earlier I think a CCR card would have happened). Not a full-on HNL run, but my first TP run should help me retain GGL again, which I didn't think would happen this year. I have the knowledge gained here to thank for that, so thanks all for your generosity.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by greg5
US7448 is actually EI.
Are you sure? It looks like the US codeshare for BA831.

http://planefinder.net/data/flight/US7448
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by KARFA
Are you sure? It looks like the US codeshare for BA831.

http://planefinder.net/data/flight/US7448
Oops. Sorry, I just remembered that I'm flying on a Sunday and is why there wasn't an earlier BA flight for my trip. Sorry.

Strange that it doesn't link up.

Last edited by greg5; Jan 27, 2015 at 1:39 pm Reason: Yep, there isn't one on Sunday.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:58 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
MrsNWIFlyer and I are on DUB-LCY-SNN-JFK-SFO-LAX-JFK-LCY-DUB in July for £1064 pp booked on aa.com - "only" 840 TP's, but it gives us what we want and a day in NYC at the end (assuming we're still awake from the LAX-JFK redeye, although that's on the A321 flat-bed which ought to help). Tacking on HNL would have put another £600 on the price, which didn't seem good value.

Something very strange is happening with the confirmations that have headed over to BA.com given there's an old held outbound and only an inbound for the one that's actually ticketed, but no doubt it'll all sort itself out in good time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.